Generalized skew-Cauchy distribution
In this work we investigate the generalized skew-symmetric distributions. Suppose Y is an absolutely continuous random variable symmetric about 0 with probability density function f and cumulative distribution function F. If a random variable X satisfies , then X is said to have a generalized skew distribution of F (or f). The generalized skew-Cauchy (GSC) distribution are considered and special examples of GSC distribution are presented. Some of these examples are generated from generalized skew-normal or generalized skew-t distributions.
Volume (Year): 77 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Loperfido, Nicola, 2001. "Quadratic forms of skew-normal random vectors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 381-387, October.
- Loperfido, Nicola, 2002. "Statistical implications of selectively reported inferential results," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 13-22, January.
- Arnold, Barry C. & Beaver, Robert J., 2000. "The skew-Cauchy distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 285-290, September.
- Nadarajah, Saralees & Kotz, Samuel, 2003. "Skewed distributions generated by the normal kernel," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 269-277, November.
- Genton, Marc G. & He, Li & Liu, Xiangwei, 2001. "Moments of skew-normal random vectors and their quadratic forms," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 319-325, February.
- Wang, Jiuzhou & Boyer, Joseph & Genton, Marc G., 2004. "A note on an equivalence between chi-square and generalized skew-normal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 395-398, March.
- Gupta, Arjun K. & González-Farías, Graciela & Domínguez-Molina, J. Armando, 2004. "A multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 181-190, April.
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602.
- Monica Chiogna, 1998. "Some results on the scalar Skew-normal distribution," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Huang, Wen-Jang & Chen, Yan-Hau, 2006. "Quadratic forms of multivariate skew normal-symmetric distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(9), pages 871-879, May.
- Arjun Gupta & Truc Nguyen & Jose Sanqui, 2004. "Characterization of the skew-normal distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 56(2), pages 351-360, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:77:y:2007:i:11:p:1137-1147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.