Generalized skew-Cauchy distribution
In this work we investigate the generalized skew-symmetric distributions. Suppose Y is an absolutely continuous random variable symmetric about 0 with probability density function f and cumulative distribution function F. If a random variable X satisfies , then X is said to have a generalized skew distribution of F (or f). The generalized skew-Cauchy (GSC) distribution are considered and special examples of GSC distribution are presented. Some of these examples are generated from generalized skew-normal or generalized skew-t distributions.
Volume (Year): 77 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Loperfido, Nicola, 2001. "Quadratic forms of skew-normal random vectors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 381-387, October.
- Loperfido, Nicola, 2002. "Statistical implications of selectively reported inferential results," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 13-22, January.
- Arnold, Barry C. & Beaver, Robert J., 2000. "The skew-Cauchy distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 285-290, September.
- Nadarajah, Saralees & Kotz, Samuel, 2003. "Skewed distributions generated by the normal kernel," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 269-277, November.
- Genton, Marc G. & He, Li & Liu, Xiangwei, 2001. "Moments of skew-normal random vectors and their quadratic forms," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 319-325, February.
- Wang, Jiuzhou & Boyer, Joseph & Genton, Marc G., 2004. "A note on an equivalence between chi-square and generalized skew-normal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 395-398, March.
- Gupta, Arjun K. & González-Farías, Graciela & Domínguez-Molina, J. Armando, 2004. "A multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 181-190, April.
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602.
- Monica Chiogna, 1998. "Some results on the scalar Skew-normal distribution," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Huang, Wen-Jang & Chen, Yan-Hau, 2006. "Quadratic forms of multivariate skew normal-symmetric distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(9), pages 871-879, May.
- Arjun Gupta & Truc Nguyen & Jose Sanqui, 2004. "Characterization of the skew-normal distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 56(2), pages 351-360, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:77:y:2007:i:11:p:1137-1147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.