Asympotic efficiency of signed - rank symmetry tests under skew alternatives
The efficiency of some known tests for symmetry such as the sign test, the Wilcoxon signed-rank test or more general linear signed rank tests was studied mainly under the classical alternatives of location. However it is interesting to compare the efficiencies of these tests under asymmetric alternatives like the so-called skew alternative proposed in Azzalini (1985). We find and compare local Bahadur efficiencies of linear signed-rank statistics for skew alternatives and discuss also the conditions of their local optimality. We calculate also such efficiencies for the family of distribution-free Maesono statistics proposed in Maesono (1987).
|Date of creation:||Feb 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Corso Unione Sovietica, 218bis - 10134 Torino - Italy|
Phone: +39 011 6706060
Fax: +39 011 6706062
Web page: http://www.esomas.unito.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Kremer, 1982. "Local comparison of linear rank tests, in the Bahadur sense," Metrika, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 159-173, December.
- Alessandra Durio & Yacov Yu. Nikitin, 2001. "Local asympotic efficiency of some goodness-of-fit tests under skew alternatives," ICER Working Papers 04-2001, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Arnold, Barry C. & Beaver, Robert J., 2000. "The skew-Cauchy distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 285-290, September.
- Ya. Nikitin & E. Ponikarov, 2002. "Asymptotic Efficiency of Maesono Statistics for Testing of Symmetry," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 382-390, June.
- Genton, Marc G. & He, Li & Liu, Xiangwei, 2001. "Moments of skew-normal random vectors and their quadratic forms," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 319-325, February.
- Monica Chiogna, 1998. "Some results on the scalar Skew-normal distribution," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icr:wpicer:12-2002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Pellegrino)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.