The observed total time on test and the observed excess wealth
Let X be a nonnegative random variable with mean [mu][less-than-or-equals, slant][infinity], and let TX be the total time on test transform of X. It has been observed in the literature that the inverse of TX is a distribution function with support (0,[mu]). In this paper, we identify the random variable that has this distribution, and we study some of its properties. We also study an analogous random variable that is based on what is called the excess wealth transform.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 68 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description |
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Belzunce, F., 1999. "On a characterization of right spread order by the increasing convex order," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 103-110, November.
- Waters, Howard R., 1983. "Some mathematical aspects of reinsurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 17-26, January.
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 1995. "Stochastic order relations and the total time on test transform," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 103-110, February.
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 1986. "Dispersive ordering and the total time on test transformation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(6), pages 285-288, October.
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 1998. "Applications of a general composition theorem to the star order of distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-9, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:68:y:2004:i:3:p:247-258. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.