Survival function and density estimation for truncated dependent data
In some long-term studies, a series of dependent and possibly truncated lifetimes may be observed. Suppose that the lifetimes have a common marginal distribution function. Under some regularity conditions, we provide a strong representation of the product-limit estimator in the form of an average of random variables plus a remainder term. In addition, we also give asymptotic representations for the kernel estimators of the density and the hazard rate. These representations enable us to obtain the asymptotic normality and the uniform consistency of the estimators.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 52 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sun, Liuquan & Zhou, Yong, 1998. "Sequential confidence bands for densities under truncated and censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 31-41, September.
- Gijbels, I. & Wang, J. L., 1993. "Strong Representations of the Survival Function Estimator for Truncated and Censored Data with Applications," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 210-229, November.
- Cai, Zongwu, 1998. "Asymptotic properties of Kaplan-Meier estimator for censored dependent data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 381-389, March.
- Cai, Zongwu, 1998. "Kernel Density and Hazard Rate Estimation for Censored Dependent Data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 23-34, October.
- Arcones, Miguel A. & Giné, Evarist, 1995. "On the law of the iterated logarithm for canonical U-statistics and processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 217-245, August.
- Sun, Liuquan, 1997. "Bandwidth choice for hazard rate estimators from left truncated and right censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 101-114, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:52:y:2001:i:1:p:47-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.