Survival function and density estimation for truncated dependent data
In some long-term studies, a series of dependent and possibly truncated lifetimes may be observed. Suppose that the lifetimes have a common marginal distribution function. Under some regularity conditions, we provide a strong representation of the product-limit estimator in the form of an average of random variables plus a remainder term. In addition, we also give asymptotic representations for the kernel estimators of the density and the hazard rate. These representations enable us to obtain the asymptotic normality and the uniform consistency of the estimators.
Volume (Year): 52 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arcones, Miguel A. & Giné, Evarist, 1995. "On the law of the iterated logarithm for canonical U-statistics and processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 217-245, August.
- Gijbels, I. & Wang, J. L., 1993. "Strong Representations of the Survival Function Estimator for Truncated and Censored Data with Applications," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 210-229, November.
- Cai, Zongwu, 1998. "Kernel Density and Hazard Rate Estimation for Censored Dependent Data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 23-34, October.
- Cai, Zongwu, 1998. "Asymptotic properties of Kaplan-Meier estimator for censored dependent data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 381-389, March.
- Sun, Liuquan, 1997. "Bandwidth choice for hazard rate estimators from left truncated and right censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 101-114, December.
- Sun, Liuquan & Zhou, Yong, 1998. "Sequential confidence bands for densities under truncated and censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 31-41, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:52:y:2001:i:1:p:47-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.