Cruel disease, cruel medicine: Self-treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with harmful chemical substances in Suriname
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nichter, Mark & Vuckovic, Nancy, 1994. "Agenda for an anthropology of pharmaceutical practice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 1509-1525, December.
- Etkin, Nina L. & Ross, Paul J. & Muazzamu, Ibrahim, 1990. "The indigenization of pharmaceuticals: Therapeutic transitions in rural Hausaland," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 919-928, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:1:36-46_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Young, James C. & Garro, Linda Young, 1982. "Variation in the choice of treatment in two Mexican communities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(16), pages 1453-1465, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramdas, Sahienshadebie & van der Geest, Sjaak & Schallig, Henk D.F.H., 2016. "Nuancing stigma through ethnography: the case of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Suriname," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 139-146.
More about this item
KeywordsSuriname; Cutaneous leishmaniasis; Associative reasoning; Harmful chemicals; Self-medication; Health seeking behaviour; Self-treatment; South America;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:6:p:1097-1105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .