An exploratory multilevel analysis of income, income inequality and self-rated health of the elderly in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2005.
"Spatial inequality in education and health care in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 189-204.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Kanbur, Ravi, 2003. "Spatial Inequality In Education And Health Care In China," Working Papers 127256, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Ravi Kanbur, 2004. "Spatial Inequality in Education and Health Care in China," Working Papers 159, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2003. "Spatial Inequality in Education and Health Care in China," CEPR Discussion Papers 4136, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ulf-G. Gerdtham & Magnus Johannesson, 2004. "Absolute Income, Relative Income, Income Inequality, and Mortality," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(1).
- Li, Hongbin & Zhu, Yi, 2006.
"Income, income inequality, and health: Evidence from China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 668-693, December.
- Hongbin Li & Yi Zhu, 2004. "Income, Income Inequality, and Health: Evidence from China," Discussion Papers 00006, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Li, Hongbin & Zhu, Yi, 2006. "Income, Income Inequality, and Health: Evidence from China," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2006/07, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham, 1998. "Context, composition and heterogeneity: Using multilevel models in health research," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 97-117, January.
- Paula K. Lorgelly & Joanne Lindley, 2008. "What is the relationship between income inequality and health? Evidence from the BHPS," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 249-265.
- Xu, Lixin Colin & Zou, Heng-fu, 2000.
"Explaining the changes of income distribution in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 149-170, December.
- Lixin Colin Xu & Heng-fu Zou, 2000. "Explaining the Changes of Income Distribution in China," CEMA Working Papers 473, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Dahl, Espen & Ivar Elstad, Jon & Hofoss, Dag & Martin-Mollard, Melissa, 2006. "For whom is income inequality most harmful? A multi-level analysis of income inequality and mortality in Norway," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(10), pages 2562-2574, November.
- David J. Spiegelhalter & Nicola G. Best & Bradley P. Carlin & Angelika van der Linde, 2002. "Bayesian measures of model complexity and fit," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 583-639.
- Yehua Dennis Wei & Xinyue Ye, 2004. "Regional Inequality in China: A Case Study of Zhejiang Province," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 95(1), pages 44-60, February.
- Subramanian, S. V. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kennedy, Bruce P., 2001. "Does the state you live in make a difference? Multilevel analysis of self-rated health in the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 9-19, July.
- Blomgren, Jenni & Martikainen, Pekka & Mäkelä, Pia & Valkonen, Tapani, 2004. "The effects of regional characteristics on alcohol-related mortality--a register-based multilevel analysis of 1.1 million men," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 2523-2535, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shu-Heng Chen & Connie Houning Wang & Weikai Chen, 2017. "Matching Impacts of School Admission Mechanisms: An Agent-Based Approach," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 43(2), pages 217-241, March.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; Health of elderly; Income; Income inequality; Multilevel modelling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:12:p:2481-2492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .