Neighborhood microclimates and vulnerability to heat stress
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Editors, 2003. "Software updates," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(2), pages 211-211, June.
- Bob Bolin & Amy Nelson & Edward J Hackett & K David Pijawka & C Scott Smith & Diane Sicotte & Edward K Sadalla & Eric Matran & Maureen O'Donnell, 2002. "The ecology of technological risk in a Sunbelt city," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(2), pages 317-339, February.
- Brown, Phil & Mayer, Brian & Zavestoski, Stephen & Luebke, Theo & Mandelbaum, Joshua & McCormick, Sabrina, 2003. "The health politics of asthma: environmental justice and collective illness experience in the United States," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 453-464, August.
- anonymous, 2003. "Update on FedImage Services," Financial Update, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 3.
- Bob Bolin & Amy Nelson & Edward J Hackett & K David Pijawka & C Scott Smith & Diane Sicotte & Edward K Sadalla & Eric Matranga & Maureen O'Donnell, 2002. "The Ecology of Technological Risk in a Sunbelt City," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 34(2), pages 317-339, February.
- Barry P. Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 2003. "The Empirics of Growth: An Update," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 113-206.
- anonymous, 2003. "Update on state budget issues," Western economic developments, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep, pages 1-4.
- Macintyre, Sally & Ellaway, Anne & Cummins, Steven, 2002. "Place effects on health: how can we conceptualise, operationalise and measure them?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 125-139, July.
- Editors, 2003. "Software updates," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 325-325, September.
- Smoyer, Karen E., 1998. "Putting risk in its place: methodological considerations for investigating extreme event health risk," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(11), pages 1809-1824, December.
- Susan L. Cutter & Bryan J. Boruff & W. Lynn Shirley, 2003. "Social Vulnerability to Environmental Hazards," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 84(2), pages 242-261.
- Editors, 2003. "Software updates," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(4), pages 449-449, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sara Wilkinson & Renato Castiglia Feitosa, 2015. "Retrofitting Housing with Lightweight Green Roof Technology in Sydney, Australia, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Walton, Z.L. & Poudyal, N.C. & Hepinstall-Cymerman, J. & Johnson Gaither, C. & Boley, B.B., 2016. "Exploring the role of forest resources in reducing community vulnerability to the heat effects of climate change," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 94-102.
- Joseph, Gillian M. & Skinner, Mark W. & Yantzi, Nicole M., 2013. "The weather-stains of care: Interpreting the meaning of bad weather for front-line health care workers in rural long-term care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 194-201.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:198:y:2018:i:c:p:77-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romero-Lankao, Patricia & Qin, Hua & Borbor-Cordova, Mercy, 2013. "Exploration of health risks related to air pollution and temperature in three Latin American cities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 110-118.
- Cutts, Bethany B. & Darby, Kate J. & Boone, Christopher G. & Brewis, Alexandra, 2009. "City structure, obesity, and environmental justice: An integrated analysis of physical and social barriers to walkable streets and park access," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1314-1322, November.
- Patricia Gober & Ray Quay & Kelli L. Larson, 2016. "Outdoor Water Use as an Adaptation Problem: Insights from North American Cities," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(3), pages 899-912, February.
- Weihua Dong & Zhao Liu & Lijie Zhang & Qiuhong Tang & Hua Liao & Xian'en Li, 2014. "Assessing Heat Health Risk for Sustainability in Beijing’s Urban Heat Island," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-24, October.
- Lisa Reyes Mason & Jon M. Hathaway & Kelsey N. Ellis & Taylor Harrison, 2016. "Public Interest in Microclimate Data in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-9, December.
- Stephanie Pincetl & Mikhail Chester & David Eisenman, 2016. "Urban Heat Stress Vulnerability in the U.S. Southwest: The Role of Sociotechnical Systems," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-13, August.
- Vaneckova, Pavla & Beggs, Paul J. & Jacobson, Carol R., 2010. "Spatial analysis of heat-related mortality among the elderly between 1993 and 2004 in Sydney, Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 293-304, January.
- Young-Jae Kim & Ayoung Woo, 2015. "Estimating Natural Environmental Characteristics of Subsidized Households: A Case Study of Austin, Texas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(10), pages 1-21, September.
- Weihua Dong & Zhao Liu & Hua Liao & Qiuhong Tang & Xian’en Li, 2015. "New climate and socio-economic scenarios for assessing global human health challenges due to heat risk," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 130(4), pages 505-518, June.
- repec:ucp:jaerec:doi:10.1086/692842 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:107:y:2018:i:c:p:224-238 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Jiachuan & Wang, Zhi-Hua & Kaloush, Kamil E., 2015. "Environmental impacts of reflective materials: Is high albedo a ‘silver bullet’ for mitigating urban heat island?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 830-843.
- Maria Papathoma-Koehle & Catrin Promper & Roxana Bojariu & Roxana Cica & András Sik & Kinga Perge & Peter László & Erika Balázs Czikora & Alexandru Dumitrescu & Cosmin Turcus & Marius-Victor Birsan & , 2016. "A common methodology for risk assessment and mapping for south-east Europe: an application for heat wave risk in Romania," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 82(1), pages 89-109, May.
- H. Allen Klaiber & Joshua K. Abbott & V. Kerry Smith, 2017.
"Some Like It (Less) Hot: Extracting Trade-Off Measures for Physically Coupled Amenities,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(4), pages 1053-1079.
- H. Allen Klaiber & Joshua Abbott & V. Kerry Smith, 2015. "Some Like it (Less) Hot: Extracting Tradeoff Measures for Physically Coupled Amenities," NBER Working Papers 21051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1036 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jamei, Elmira & Rajagopalan, Priyadarsini & Seyedmahmoudian, Mohammadmehdi & Jamei, Yashar, 2016. "Review on the impact of urban geometry and pedestrian level greening on outdoor thermal comfort," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1002-1017.
- Skinner, Mark W. & Yantzi, Nicole M. & Rosenberg, Mark W., 2009. "Neither rain nor hail nor sleet nor snow: Provider perspectives on the challenges of weather for home and community care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 682-688, February.
- Sadroddin Alavipanah & Martin Wegmann & Salman Qureshi & Qihao Weng & Thomas Koellner, 2015. "The Role of Vegetation in Mitigating Urban Land Surface Temperatures: A Case Study of Munich, Germany during the Warm Season," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18, April.
More about this item
KeywordsUSA Health inequalities Climate Neighborhood environment Environmental justice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:63:y:2006:i:11:p:2847-2863. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.