Mind, body, and culture: Somatization among Hispanics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boyas, Javier F. & Kim, Yi Jin & Moon, Sung Seek & Ruiz, Erika & Gaines, Kaylynn, 2017. "Drug and alcohol use and its relationship to self-rated health: An ecological examination among Latino and non-Hispanic White adolescents," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 454-466.
- Iversen, Tor & Kopperud, Gry Stine, 2009. "The impact of accessibility on the use of specialist health care in Norway," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2002:9, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Bzostek, Sharon & Sastry, Narayan & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne & Duffy, Denise, 2016. "Using vignettes to rethink Latino-white disparities in self-rated health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 46-65.
- Shell, Alyssa Marie & Peek, M. Kristen & Eschbach, Karl, 2013. "Neighborhood Hispanic composition and depressive symptoms among Mexican-descent residents of Texas City, Texas," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 56-63.
- Erin R. Hamilton & Jodi Berger Cardoso & Robert Hummer & Yolanda C. Padilla, 2011. "Assimilation and emerging health disparities among new generations of U.S. children," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 25(25), pages 783-818, December.
- Abdulrahim, Sawsan & Baker, Wayne, 2009. "Differences in self-rated health by immigrant status and language preference among Arab Americans in the Detroit Metropolitan Area," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2097-2103, June.
- Lackey, Gerald F., 2008. ""Feeling blue" in Spanish: A qualitative inquiry of depression among Mexican immigrants," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 228-237, July.
- Melonie P. Heron & Leo S. Morales, 2002. "Latino Health, Nativity and Socioeconomic Status," Working Papers 02-06, RAND Corporation.
- Bzostek, Sharon & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne, 2007. "Why do Hispanics in the USA report poor health?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(5), pages 990-1003, September.
- Melonie P. Heron & Robert F. Schoeni & Leo S. Morales, 2002. "Health Status of Older Immigrants in the United States," Working Papers 02-07, RAND Corporation.
More about this item
Keywordssomatization Hispanic depression physical symptoms;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:28:y:1989:i:12:p:1229-1238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .