Modeling integrated supply chain logistics in real-time large-scale disaster relief operations
The goal of this research is to develop a comprehensive model that describes the integrated logistics operations in response to natural disasters. We propose a mathematical model that controls the flow of several relief commodities from the sources through the supply chain and until they are delivered to the hands of recipients. The structure of the network is in compliance with FEMA's complex logistics structure. The proposed model not only considers details such as vehicle routing and pick up or delivery schedules; but also considers finding the optimal locations for several layers of temporary facilities as well as considering several capacity constraints for each facility and the transportation system. Such an integrated model provides the opportunity for a centralized operation plan that can eliminate delays and assign the limited resources to the best possible use.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbarosoglu, Gulay & Ozdamar, Linet & Cevik, Ahmet, 2002. "An interactive approach for hierarchical analysis of helicopter logistics in disaster relief operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 118-133, July.
- Haghani, Ali & Oh, Sei-Chang, 1996. "Formulation and solution of a multi-commodity, multi-modal network flow model for disaster relief operations," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 231-250, May.
- Crainic, Teodor G. & Rousseau, Jean-Marc, 1986. "Multicommodity, multimode freight transportation: A general modeling and algorithmic framework for the service network design problem," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 225-242, June.
- Altay, Nezih & Green III, Walter G., 2006. "OR/MS research in disaster operations management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 475-493, November.
- Yi, Wei & Ozdamar, Linet, 2007. "A dynamic logistics coordination model for evacuation and support in disaster response activities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(3), pages 1177-1193, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:46:y:2012:i:4:p:327-338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.