The effects of the capital gains tax on the selling and switching of common stock
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Zoran Ivković & James Poterba & Scott Weisbenner, 2005.
"Tax-Motivated Trading by Individual Investors,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1605-1630, December.
- Zoran Ivkovich & James Poterba & Scott Weisbenner, 2004. "Tax-Motivated Trading by Individual Investors," NBER Working Papers 10275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel J. Kovenock & Michael Rothschild, 1985. "Notes on the Effect of Capital Gains Taxation on Non-Austrian Assets," NBER Working Papers 1568, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1995. "Behavioral Responses to Tax Rates: Evidence from TRA86," NBER Working Papers 5000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feld, Lars P. & Ruf, Martin & Schreiber, Ulrich & Todtenhaupt, Maximilian & Voget, Johannes, 2016. "Taxing away M&A: The effect of corporate capital gains taxes on acquisition activity," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-007, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Feld, Lars P. & Ruf, Martin & Schreiber, Ulrich & Todtenhaupt, Maximilian & Voget, Johannes, 2016. "Taxing away M&A: The effect of corporate capital gains taxes on acquisition activity," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 16/03, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Lars P. Feld & Martin Ruf & Ulrich Schreiber & Maximilian Todtenhaupt & Johannes Voget, 2016. "Taxing Away M&A: The Effect of Corporate Capital Gains Taxes on Acquisition Activity," CESifo Working Paper Series 5738, CESifo Group Munich.
- Charles Yuji Horioka, 2014. "The Life and Work of Martin Stuart ("Marty") Feldstein," ISER Discussion Paper 0905r, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Mar 2015.
- Horioka, Charles Yuji, 2015. "The Life And Work Of Martin Stuart ("Marty") Feldstein," AGI Working Paper Series 2015-03, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Charles Yuji Horioka, 2014. "The Life and Work Of Martin Stuart (“Marty”) Feldstein," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 201410, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Niemann, Rainer & Sureth, Caren, 2009. "Investment effects of capital gains taxation under simultaneous investment and abandonment flexibility," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 77, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Eduardo Engel & Alexander Galetovic, 1998. "¿Qué hacer con los impuestos que pagan las ganancias de capital en Chile?," Documentos de Trabajo 46, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Paul J. Bolster & Lawrence B. Lindsey & Andrew W. Mitrusi, 1988. "Tax Induced Trading: The Effect of the 1986 Tax Reform Act on Stock Market Activity," NBER Working Papers 2659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kovenock, Daniel J. & Rothschild, Michael, 1983. "Capital gains taxation in an economy with an `Austrian sector'," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 215-256, July.
- Daniel J. Kovenock & Michael Rothschild, 1981. "Capital Gains Taxation in an Economy with an "Austrian Sector"," NBER Working Papers 0758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence B. Lindsey, 1986. "Capital Gains: Rates Realizations and Revenues," NBER Working Papers 1893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dpr:wpaper:0905 is not listed on IDEAS
- George F. Break & George P. Shultz & Paul A. Samuelson, 1980. "The Role of Government: Taxes, Transfers, and Spending," NBER Chapters,in: The American Economy in Transition, pages 617-674 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2008. "Effects of Taxes on Economic Behavior," Scholarly Articles 2943922, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Martin Feldstein & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 1982. "Are High Income Individuals Better Stock Market Investors?," NBER Working Papers 0948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence B. Lindsey, 1987. "Capital Gains Taxes Under the Tax Reform Act of 1986: Revenue EstimatesUnder Various Assumptions," NBER Working Papers 2215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Englund, Peter, 1985. "Taxation of capital gains on owner-occupied homes," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 311-334.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:9:y:1978:i:1:p:17-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed