Strategic taxation of the multinational enterprise: A new argument for double taxation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Markusen, James R., 1984. "Multinationals, multi-plant economies, and the gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 205-226, May.
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Levinsohn, James & Slemrod, Joel, 1993. "Taxes, tariffs, and the global corporation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 97-116, May.
- Huizinga, Harry, 1991.
"National tax policies towards product-innovating multinational enterprises,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Huizinga, H., 1989. "National Tax Policies Towards Product-Innovating Multinational Enterprises," Papers 8934, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Huizinga, H.P., 1989. "National tax policies towards product-innovating multinational enterprises," Discussion Paper 1989-34, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Thomas Horst, 1980. "A Note on the Optimal Taxation of International Investment Income," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 793-798.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J. & Markusen, James R., 1992. "Endogenous market structures in international trade (natura facit saltum)," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 109-129, February.
- Janeba, Eckhard, 1995.
"Corporate income tax competition, double taxation treaties, and foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 311-325, February.
- Janeba, Eckhard, 1992. "Corporate income tax competition, double taxation treaties, and foreign direct investment," Discussion Papers, Series II 194, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Bond, Eric W & Samuelson, Larry, 1989.
"Strategic Behaviour and the Rules for International Taxation of Capital,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 1099-1111, December.
- Bond, E.W. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Strategic Behavior And The Rules For International Taxation Of Capital," Papers 3-88-10, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984.
"A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 451-471, June.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations," Scholarly Articles 3445092, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jacob Frenkel & Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1991.
"International Taxation in an Integrated World,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061430, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wataru Johdo, 2013. "Corporate Tax Reductions, Cross-Border Ownership and Welfare," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 484-503, December.
- Guttorm Schjelderup, 1999. "Multinationals, Intra-Firm Trade and the Taxation of Foreign-Source Income," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 93-105.
- Wataru Johdo, 2010. "Profit Tax And Firm Mobility In A Three-Country Model," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 111-126, June.
- Konan, Denise Eby, 2000.
"The Vertical Multinational Enterprise and International Trade,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 113-125, February.
- Denise Eby Konan, 1996. "The Vertical Multinational Enterprise and International Trade," Working Papers 199601, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Kind, Hans Jarle & Midelfart, Karen Helene & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2005.
"Corporate tax systems, multinational enterprises, and economic integration,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 507-521, March.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Helene Midelfart & Guttorm Schjelderup, 2004. "Corporate Tax Systems, Multinational Enterprises, and Economic Integration," CESifo Working Paper Series 1241, CESifo Group Munich.
- Clemens Fuest & Bernd Huber & Jack Mintz, 2003. "Capital Mobility and Tax Competition: A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 956, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kind, Hans Jarle & Schjelderup, Guttorm & Ulltveit-Moe, Karen-Helene, 2002. "Why Corporate Taxes May Rise: The Case of Trade Liberalization and Foreign Ownership," CEPR Discussion Papers 3383, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sanmartín Jaramillo, P.G., 2004. "La neutralidad de los métodos para evitar la doble imposición internacional en un contexto de libre circulación de capitales1/The Neutrality of the Methods for the Avoidance of International Double Ta," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 22, pages 115-137, Abril.
- Dickescheid, Thomas, 2002. "Steuerwettbewerb und Direktinvestitionen," Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, volume 16, number urn:isbn:9783161477348, April.
- Kind, Hans Jarle & Schjelderup, Guttorm & Ulltveit-Moe, Karen-Helene, 2001. "Corporate Taxation, Multinational Enterprise and Economic Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 2753, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:63:y:1997:i:2:p:301-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.