Multifractal models via products of geometric OU-processes: Review and applications
This paper reviews a class of multifractal models obtained via products of exponential Ornstein–Uhlenbeck processes driven by Lévy motion. Given a self-decomposable distribution, conditions for constructing multifractal scenarios and general formulas for their Renyi functions are provided. Together with several examples, a model with multifractal activity time is discussed and an application to exchange data is presented.
Volume (Year): 392 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2007. "Long-range dependence and multifractality in the term structure of LIBOR interest rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 373(C), pages 603-614.
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng & Pan, Zhiyuan, 2011. "Multifractal detrending moving average analysis on the US Dollar exchange rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(20), pages 3512-3523.
- Wang, Yudong & Wei, Yu & Wu, Chongfeng, 2011. "Analysis of the efficiency and multifractality of gold markets based on multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(5), pages 817-827.
- Emanuele Taufer & Nikolai Leonenko & Marco Bee, 2009.
"Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models,"
DISA Working Papers
0907, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 02 Dec 2009.
- Taufer, Emanuele & Leonenko, Nikolai & Bee, Marco, 2011. "Characteristic function estimation of Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 2525-2539, August.
- Gu, Rongbao & Chen, Hongtao & Wang, Yudong, 2010. "Multifractal analysis on international crude oil markets based on the multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(14), pages 2805-2815.
- Laurent-Emmanuel Calvet & Adlai J. Fisher, 2002.
"Multifractality in Asset Returns: Theory and Evidence,"
- Laurent Calvet & Adlai Fisher, 2002. "Multifractality In Asset Returns: Theory And Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 381-406, August.
- Jiang, Zhi-Qiang & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2008. "Multifractality in stock indexes: Fact or Fiction?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(14), pages 3605-3614.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:392:y:2013:i:1:p:7-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.