Effective carrying capacity and analytical solution of a particular case of the Richards-like two-species population dynamics model
We consider a generalized two-species population dynamic model and analytically solve it for the amensalism and commensalism ecological interactions. These two-species models can be simplified to a one-species model with a time dependent extrinsic growth factor. With a one-species model with an effective carrying capacity one is able to retrieve the steady state solutions of the previous one-species model. The equivalence obtained between the effective carrying capacity and the extrinsic growth factor is complete only for a particular case, the Gompertz model. Here we unveil important aspects of sigmoid growth curves, which are relevant to growth processes and population dynamics.
Volume (Year): 391 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Souto Martinez, Alexandre & Silva González, Rodrigo & Lauri Espíndola, Aquino, 2009. "Generalized exponential function and discrete growth models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(14), pages 2922-2930.
- Grabowski, Franciszek, 2010. "Logistic equation of arbitrary order," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(16), pages 3081-3093.
- Alexandre Souto Martinez & Rodrigo Silva Gonzalez & Cesar Augusto Sangaletti Tercariol, 2008. "Continuous growth models in terms of generalized logarithm and exponential functions," Papers 0803.2635, arXiv.org, revised May 2008.
- Martinez, Alexandre Souto & González, Rodrigo Silva & Terçariol, César Augusto Sangaletti, 2008. "Continuous growth models in terms of generalized logarithm and exponential functions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(23), pages 5679-5687.
- Strzałka, Dominik & Grabowski, Franciszek, 2008. "Towards possible q-generalizations of the Malthus and Verhulst growth models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(11), pages 2511-2518.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:391:y:2012:i:4:p:1281-1286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.