Conciliatory and contradictory dynamics in opinion formation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rainer Hegselmann & Ulrich Krause, 2002. "Opinion Dynamics and Bounded Confidence Models, Analysis and Simulation," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 5(3), pages 1-2.
- Serge Galam, 2007. "From 2000 Bush–Gore to 2006 Italian elections: voting at fifty-fifty and the contrarian effect," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 579-589, August.
- Helbing, Dirk, 1993. "Boltzmann-like and Boltzmann-Fokker-Planck equations as a foundation of behavioral models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 196(4), pages 546-573.
- Ben-Naim, E & Krapivsky, P.L & Vazquez, F & Redner, S, 2003. "Unity and discord in opinion dynamics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 330(1), pages 99-106.
- Galam, Serge, 2004. "Contrarian deterministic effects on opinion dynamics: “the hung elections scenario”," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 333(C), pages 453-460.
- Galam, Serge, 1997. "Rational group decision making: A random field Ising model at T = 0," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 238(1), pages 66-80.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boudin, Laurent & Salvarani, Francesco, 2016. "Opinion dynamics: Kinetic modelling with mass media, application to the Scottish independence referendum," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 444(C), pages 448-457.
More about this item
KeywordsSociophysics; Opinion dynamics; Kinetic model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:391:y:2012:i:22:p:5672-5684. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.