Characterizing emerging European stock markets through complex networks: From local properties to self-similar characteristics
We investigate the properties of the returns of the main emerging stock markets from Europe by means of complex networks. We transform the series of daily returns into complex networks, and analyze the local properties of these networks with respect to degree distributions, clustering, or average line length. We further use the clustering coefficients as quantities describing the local structure of the network, and approach them by using multifractal analysis. We find evidence of scale-free networks and multifractality of clustering coefficients.
Volume (Year): 391 (2012)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G. Bonanno & G. Caldarelli & F. Lillo & S. Micciché & N. Vandewalle & R. Mantegna, 2004.
"Networks of equities in financial markets,"
The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 38(2), pages 363-371, 03.
- Qian, Xi-Yuan & Gu, Gao-Feng & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2011. "Modified detrended fluctuation analysis based on empirical mode decomposition for the characterization of anti-persistent processes," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4388-4395.
- Domino, Krzysztof, 2011. "The use of the Hurst exponent to predict changes in trends on the Warsaw Stock Exchange," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(1), pages 98-109.
- Timotej Jagric & Boris Podobnik & Marko Kolanovic, 2005. "Does the Efficient Market Hypothesis Hold?: Evidence from Six Transition Economies," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 43(4), pages 79-103, August.
- Vít Bubák & Evžen Kocenda & Filip Zikes, 2010.
"Volatility Transmission in Emerging European Foreign Exchange Markets,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3063, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bubák, Vít & Kocenda, Evzen & Zikes, Filip, 2011. "Volatility transmission in emerging European foreign exchange markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2829-2841, November.
- Evzen Kocenda & Vit Bubak & Filip Zikes, 2011. "Volatility Transmission in Emerging European Foreign Exchange Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1020, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Chuang Liu & Wei-Xing Zhou, 2009. "Superfamily classification of nonstationary time series based on DFA scaling exponents," Papers 0912.2016, arXiv.org.
- Li, Ping & Wang, Bing-Hong, 2007. "Extracting hidden fluctuation patterns of Hang Seng stock index from network topologies," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 378(2), pages 519-526.
- Kantelhardt, Jan W. & Zschiegner, Stephan A. & Koscielny-Bunde, Eva & Havlin, Shlomo & Bunde, Armin & Stanley, H.Eugene, 2002. "Multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis of nonstationary time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 316(1), pages 87-114.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:391:y:2012:i:13:p:3629-3637. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.