Designing a marine protected areas network in a data-limited situation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ban, Natalie C. & Hansen, Gretchen J.A. & Jones, Michael & Vincent, Amanda C.J., 2009. "Systematic marine conservation planning in data-poor regions: Socioeconomic data is essential," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 794-800, September.
- Muallil, Richard N. & Mamauag, Samuel S. & Cabral, Reniel B. & Celeste-Dizon, Emerlinda O. & Aliño, Porfirio M., 2014. "Status, trends and challenges in the sustainability of small-scale fisheries in the Philippines: Insights from FISHDA (Fishing Industries' Support in Handling Decisions Application) model," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 212-221.
- Foley, Melissa M. & Halpern, Benjamin S. & Micheli, Fiorenza & Armsby, Matthew H. & Caldwell, Margaret R. & Crain, Caitlin M. & Prahler, Erin & Rohr, Nicole & Sivas, Deborah & Beck, Michael W. & Carr,, 2010. "Guiding ecological principles for marine spatial planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 955-966, September.
- Cabral, Reniel & Cruz-Trinidad, Annabelle & Geronimo, Rollan & Napitupulu, Lydia & Lokani, Paul & Boso, Delvene & Casal, Christine Marie & Ahmad Fatan, Nurulhuda & Aliño, Porfirio, 2013. "Crisis sentinel indicators: Averting a potential meltdown in the Coral Triangle," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 241-247.
- Douvere, Fanny, 2008. "The importance of marine spatial planning in advancing ecosystem-based sea use management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 762-771, September.
- Ban, Natalie C. & Alidina, Hussein M. & Ardron, Jeff A., 2010. "Cumulative impact mapping: Advances, relevance and limitations to marine management and conservation, using Canada's Pacific waters as a case study," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 876-886, September.
- Crowder, Larry & Norse, Elliott, 2008. "Essential ecological insights for marine ecosystem-based management and marine spatial planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 772-778, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shucksmith, Rachel J. & Kelly, Christina, 2014. "Data collection and mapping – Principles, processes and application in marine spatial planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PA), pages 27-33.
- Frazão Santos, Catarina & Domingos, Tiago & Ferreira, Maria Adelaide & Orbach, Michael & Andrade, Francisco, 2014. "How sustainable is sustainable marine spatial planning? Part I—Linking the concepts," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 59-65.
- Carolyn K Robb, 2014. "Assessing the Impact of Human Activities on British Columbia’s Estuaries," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(6), pages 1-11, June.
- Brennan, Jonathon & Fitzsimmons, Clare & Gray, Tim & Raggatt, Laura, 2014. "EU marine strategy framework directive (MSFD) and marine spatial planning (MSP): Which is the more dominant and practicable contributor to maritime policy in the UK?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 359-366.
- Lu, Shiau-Yun & Shen, Cheng-Han & Chiau, Wen-Yan, 2014. "Zoning strategies for marine protected areas in Taiwan: Case study of Gueishan Island in Yilan County, Taiwan," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 21-29.
- Merrie, Andrew & Olsson, Per, 2014. "An innovation and agency perspective on the emergence and spread of Marine Spatial Planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 366-374.
- Muallil, Richard N. & Mamauag, Samuel S. & Cababaro, Jeffrey T. & Arceo, Hazel O. & Aliño, Porfirio M., 2014. "Catch trends in Philippine small-scale fisheries over the last five decades: The fishers׳ perspectives," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 110-117.
- Campbell, Maria S. & Stehfest, Kilian M. & Votier, Stephen C. & Hall-Spencer, Jason M., 2014. "Mapping fisheries for marine spatial planning: Gear-specific vessel monitoring system (VMS), marine conservation and offshore renewable energy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 293-300.
- Lu, Wen-Hai & Liu, Jie & Xiang, Xian-Quan & Song, Wei-Ling & McIlgorm, Alistair, 2015. "A comparison of marine spatial planning approaches in China: Marine functional zoning and the marine ecological red line," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 94-101.
- Wenjia Hu & Weiwei Yu & Zhiyuan Ma & Guanqiong Ye & Ersha Dang & Hao Huang & Dian Zhang & Bin Chen, 2019. "Assessing the Ecological Sensitivity of Coastal Marine Ecosystems: A Case Study in Xiamen Bay, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(22), pages 1-21, November.
- Caldow, Chris & Monaco, Mark E. & Pittman, Simon J. & Kendall, Matthew S. & Goedeke, Theresa L. & Menza, Charles & Kinlan, Brian P. & Costa, Bryan M., 2015. "Biogeographic assessments: A framework for information synthesis in marine spatial planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 423-432.
- Jacobsen, Kelsey I. & Lester, Sarah E. & Halpern, Benjamin S., 2014. "A global synthesis of the economic multiplier effects of marine sectors," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 273-278.
- Eli D. Lazarus, 2017. "Toward a Global Classification of Coastal Anthromes," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Kerr, Sandy & Watts, Laura & Colton, John & Conway, Flaxen & Hull, Angela & Johnson, Kate & Jude, Simon & Kannen, Andreas & MacDougall, Shelley & McLachlan, Carly & Potts, Tavis & Vergunst, Jo, 2014. "Establishing an agenda for social studies research in marine renewable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 694-702.
- Zaucha, Jacek, 2014. "Sea basin maritime spatial planning: A case study of the Baltic Sea region and Poland," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PA), pages 34-45.
- Tessa Mazor & Hugh P Possingham & Dori Edelist & Eran Brokovich & Salit Kark, 2014. "The Crowded Sea: Incorporating Multiple Marine Activities in Conservation Plans Can Significantly Alter Spatial Priorities," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(8), pages 1-16, August.
- Lai, Sabrina & Leone, Federica, 2020. "To what extent is integration pursued in compulsory planning tools concerning coastal and marine areas? Evidences from two Mediterranean protected areas," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Maxwell, Sara M. & Hazen, Elliott L. & Lewison, Rebecca L. & Dunn, Daniel C. & Bailey, Helen & Bograd, Steven J. & Briscoe, Dana K. & Fossette, Sabrina & Hobday, Alistair J. & Bennett, Meredith & Bens, 2015. "Dynamic ocean management: Defining and conceptualizing real-time management of the ocean," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 42-50.
- Melaku Canu, Donata & Solidoro, Cosimo, 2014. "Socio-economic analysis and stakeholder involvement: Mussel-farming in the Gulf of Trieste," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 55-62.
- Bryan Costa & J Christopher Taylor & Laura Kracker & Tim Battista & Simon Pittman, 2014. "Mapping Reef Fish and the Seascape: Using Acoustics and Spatial Modeling to Guide Coastal Management," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, January.
More about this item
KeywordsMPA network; Participatory MPA network; Marine spatial planning; Land–sea interaction;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:59:y:2015:i:c:p:64-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.