On kernel method for sliced average variance estimation
In this paper, we use the kernel method to estimate sliced average variance estimation (SAVE) and prove that this estimator is both asymptotically normal and root n consistent. We use this kernel estimator to provide more insight about the differences between slicing estimation and other sophisticated local smoothing methods. Finally, we suggest a Bayes information criterion (BIC) to estimate the dimensionality of SAVE. Examples and real data are presented for illustrating our method.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Efstathia Bura & R. Dennis Cook, 2001. "Estimating the structural dimension of regressions via parametric inverse regression," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 393-410.
- Zhao, L. C. & Krishnaiah, P. R. & Bai, Z. D., 1986. "On detection of the number of signals in presence of white noise," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-25, October.
- Ye Z. & Weiss R.E., 2003. "Using the Bootstrap to Select One of a New Class of Dimension Reduction Methods," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 968-979, January.
- Zhu, Lixing & Miao, Baiqi & Peng, Heng, 2006. "On Sliced Inverse Regression With High-Dimensional Covariates," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 630-643, June.
- Zhao, L. C. & Krishnaiah, P. R. & Bai, Z. D., 1986. "On detection of the number of signals when the noise covariance matrix is arbitrary," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 26-49, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:98:y:2007:i:5:p:970-991. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.