Some positive dependence stochastic orders
In this paper we study some stochastic orders of positive dependence that arise when the underlying random vectors are ordered with respect to some multivariate hazard rate stochastic orders, and have the same univariate marginal distributions. We show how the orders can be studied by restricting them to copulæ, we give a number of examples, and we study some positive dependence concepts that arise from the new positive dependence orders. We also discuss the relationship of the new orders to other positive dependence orders that have appeared in the literature.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Collet, Pierre & López, F. Javier & Martínez, Servet, 2003. "Order relations of measures when avoiding decreasing sets," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 165-175, November.
- Karlin, Samuel & Rinott, Yosef, 1980. "Classes of orderings of measures and related correlation inequalities II. Multivariate reverse rule distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 499-516, December.
- Marco Scarsini & Antonio Colangelo & Moshe Shaked, 2005.
"Some notions of multivariate positive dependence,"
- Marco Scarsini & Marco Dall'Aglio, 2003.
"Zonoids, Linear Dependence, and Size-Biased Distributions on the Simplex,"
- Marco Dall’Aglio & Marco Scarsini, 2000. "Zonoids, Linear Dependence, and Size-Biased Distributions on the Simplex," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 27-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research, revised Jul 2003.
- George Kimeldorf & Allan Sampson, 1989. "A framework for positive dependence," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 41(1), pages 31-45, March.
- Shaked, Moshe & Shanthikumar, J. George, 1997. "Supermodular Stochastic Orders and Positive Dependence of Random Vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 86-101, April.
- Hu, Taizhong & Khaledi, Baha-Eldin & Shaked, Moshe, 2003. "Multivariate hazard rate orders," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 173-189, January.
- Karlin, Samuel & Rinott, Yosef, 1980. "Classes of orderings of measures and related correlation inequalities. I. Multivariate totally positive distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 467-498, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:97:y:2006:i:1:p:46-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.