Detecting and estimating changes in dependent functional data
Change point detection in sequences of functional data is examined where the functional observations are dependent. Of particular interest is the case where the change point is an epidemic change (a change occurs and then the observations return to baseline at a later time). The theoretical properties for various tests for at most one change and epidemic changes are derived with a special focus on power analysis. Estimators of the change point location are derived from the test statistics and theoretical properties are investigated.
Volume (Year): 109 (2012)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- István Berkes & Robertas Gabrys & Lajos Horváth & Piotr Kokoszka, 2009. "Detecting changes in the mean of functional observations," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(5), pages 927-946.
- Marie Hušková & Claudia Kirch, 2010. "A note on studentized confidence intervals for the change-point," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 269-289, June.
- Politis, Dimitris, 2005. "Higher-order accurate, positive semi-definite estimation of large-sample covariance and spectral density matrices," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt7qg2m9rz, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Jarusková, Daniela & Piterbarg, Vladimir I., 2011. "Log-likelihood ratio test for detecting transient change," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(5), pages 552-559, May.
- Aue, Alexander & Gabrys, Robertas & Horváth, Lajos & Kokoszka, Piotr, 2009. "Estimation of a change-point in the mean function of functional data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2254-2269, November.
- Horváth, Lajos & Kokoszka, Piotr & Steinebach, Josef, 1999. "Testing for Changes in Multivariate Dependent Observations with an Application to Temperature Changes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 96-119, January.
- Peter Hall & Mohammad Hosseini-Nasab, 2006. "On properties of functional principal components analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(1), pages 109-126.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:109:y:2012:i:c:p:204-220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.