On prediction rate in partial functional linear regression
We consider a prediction of a scalar variable based on both a function-valued variable and a finite number of real-valued variables. For the estimation of the regression parameters, which include the infinite dimensional function as well as the slope parameters for the real-valued variables, it is inevitable to impose some kind of regularization. We consider two different approaches, which are shown to achieve the same convergence rate of the mean squared prediction error under respective assumptions. One is based on functional principal components regression (FPCR) and the alternative is functional ridge regression (FRR) based on Tikhonov regularization. Also, numerical studies are carried out for a simulation data and a real data.
Volume (Year): 103 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cardot, Hervé & Johannes, Jan, 2010. "Thresholding projection estimators in functional linear models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 395-408, February.
- Aneiros-Pérez, Germán & Vieu, Philippe, 2008. "Nonparametric time series prediction: A semi-functional partial linear modeling," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(5), pages 834-857, May.
- Li, Yehua & Hsing, Tailen, 2007. "On rates of convergence in functional linear regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(9), pages 1782-1804, October.
- Apanasovich, Tatiyana V. & Goldstein, Edward, 2008. "On prediction error in functional linear regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(13), pages 1807-1810, September.
- Aneiros-Pérez, Germán & Vieu, Philippe, 2006. "Semi-functional partial linear regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(11), pages 1102-1110, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:103:y:2012:i:1:p:93-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.