Testing model assumptions in functional regression models
In the functional regression model where the responses are curves, new tests for the functional form of the regression and the variance function are proposed, which are based on a stochastic process estimating L2-distances. Our approach avoids the explicit estimation of the functional regression and it is shown that normalized versions of the proposed test statistics converge weakly. The finite sample properties of the tests are illustrated by means of a small simulation study. It is also demonstrated that for small samples, bootstrap versions of the tests improve the quality of the approximation of the nominal level.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 10 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hlubinka, Daniel & Prchal, Lubos, 2007. "Changes in atmospheric radiation from the statistical point of view," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4926-4941, June.
- Hervé Cardot, 2003. "Testing Hypotheses in the Functional Linear Model," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(1), pages 241-255.
- André Mas, 2007. "Testing for the Mean of Random Curves: A Penalization Approach," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 147-163, 07.
- Stefanie Biedermann & Holger Dette, 2000. "Testing linearity of regression models with dependent errors by kernel based methods," TEST- An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 9(2), pages 417-438, December.
- Biedermann, Stefanie & Dette, Holger, 2000. "Testing linearity of regression models with dependent errors by kernel based methods," Technical Reports 2000,40, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Ferraty, F. & Vieu, P., 2003. "Curves discrimination: a nonparametric functional approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 161-173, October.
- Philippe Besse & J. Ramsay, 1986. "Principal components analysis of sampled functions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 285-311, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:102:y:2011:i:10:p:1472-1488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.