Market share and the illusion of power : Can blue cross force hospitals to discount?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abe Dunn & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2011.
"Physician Market Power and Medical-Care Expenditures,"
BEA Working Papers
0078, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Abe Dunn & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2012. "Physician Market Power and Medical-Care Expenditures," BEA Working Papers 0084, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Lieke H. H. M. Boonen & Frederik T. Schut & Xander Koolman, 2008. "Consumer channeling by health insurers: natural experiments with preferred providers in the Dutch pharmacy market," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 299-316.
- Ligon, James A., 1997. "The capital structure of hospitals and reimbursement policy," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 59-77.
- Lieke Boonen & Frederik Schut & Bas Donkers & Xander Koolman, 2009. "Which preferred providers are really preferred? Effectiveness of insurers’ channeling incentives on pharmacy choice," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 347-366, December.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1988. "Altruism, Rivalry and Crowding-Out in the Nonprofit Firm's Supply of Charity Services: The Case of Hospitals," NBER Working Papers 2753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anil Bamezai & Glenn A. Melnick & Joyce M. Mann & Jack Zwanziger, 2003. "Hospital selective contracting without consumer choice: What can we learn from Medi-Cal?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 65-84.
- Wu, Vivian Y., 2009. "Managed care's price bargaining with hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 350-360, March.
- R. Halbersma & M. Mikkers & E. Motchenkova & I. Seinen, 2011.
"Market structure and hospital–insurer bargaining in the Netherlands,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 589-603, December.
- Halbersma, R.S. & Mikkers, M.C. & Motchenkova, E., 2007. "Market Structure and Hospital-Insurer bargaining in the Netherlands," Serie Research Memoranda 0004, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Halbersma, R.S. & Mikkers, M.C. & Motchenkova, E. & Seinen, I., 2007. "Market Structure and Hospital-Insurer Bargaining in the Netherlands," Discussion Paper 2007-006, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Abe Dunn & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2014. "Do Physicians Possess Market Power?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 159-193.
- Ana Xavier, "undated". "Modelling the Demand for and Supply of Elective Surgery: A Duopoly Model," Discussion Papers 99/38, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Propper, Carol, 1996. "Market structure and prices: The responses of hospitals in the UK National Health Service to competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 307-335, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:6:y:1987:i:1:p:43-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .