Aggregate mutual fund flows and security returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ippolito, Richard A, 1992. "Consumer Reaction to Measures of Poor Quality: Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 45-70, April.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-355, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1988. "Permanent and Temporary Components of Stock Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 246-273, April.
- Lee, Charles M C & Shleifer, Andrei & Thaler, Richard H, 1991.
"Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 75-109, March.
- Charles Lee & Andrei Shleifer & Richard Thaler, 1990. "Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 3465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Charles & Shleifer, Andrei & Thaler, Richard H., 1991. "Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle," Scholarly Articles 27693394, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Harris, Lawrence E & Gurel, Eitan, 1986. "Price and Volume Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 List: New Evidence for the Existence of Price Pressures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(4), pages 815-829, September.
- Malkiel, Burton G, 1977. "The Valuation of Closed-End Investment-Company Shares," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 847-859, June.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Maberly, Edwin, 1990. "The Weekend Effect: Trading Patterns of Individual and Institutional Investors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 231-243, March.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. "Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing against General Autoregressive and Moving Average Error Models When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1293-1301, November.
- Ritter, Jay R, 1988. " The Buying and Selling Behavior of Individual Investors at the Turn of the Year," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 701-717, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Watson, John & Wickramanayake, J., 2012. "The relationship between aggregate managed fund flows and share market returns in Australia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 451-472.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Wurgler, Jeffrey, 2005.
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 283-317, February.
- Nicholas Barberis & Andrei Shleifer & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "Comovement," NBER Working Papers 8895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei & Wurgler, Jeffrey, 2005. "Comovement," Scholarly Articles 27867240, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Nicholas Barberis & Andrei Shleifer & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "Comovement," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1953, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Sohail Chand & Nuzhat Aftab, 2018. "Modified Variance Ratio Test for Autocorrelation in the Presence of Heteroskedasticity," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 23(1), pages 1-19, Jan-June.
- Jochen M. Schmittmann & Jenny Pirschel & Steffen Meyer & Andreas Hackethal, 2015. "The Impact of Weather on German Retail Investors," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 1143-1183.
- Dragos Stefan Oprea & Laura Brad, 2014. "Investor Sentiment and Stock Returns: Evidence from Romania," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(2), pages 19-25, April.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Shleifer, Andrei, 2003. "Style investing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 161-199, May.
- Loderer, Claudio & Jacobs, Andreas, 1995. "The Nestle crash," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 315-339, March.
- Hanselaar, Rogier M. & Stulz, René M. & van Dijk, Mathijs A., 2019.
"Do firms issue more equity when markets become more liquid?,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 64-82.
- Hanselaar, Rogier & Stulz, Rene M. & Van Dijk, Mathijs A., 2017. "Do Firms Issue More Equity When Markets Become More Liquid?," Working Paper Series 2016-24, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Coval, Joshua & Stafford, Erik, 2007.
"Asset fire sales (and purchases) in equity markets,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 479-512, November.
- Joshua D. Coval & Erik Stafford, 2005. "Asset Fire Sales (and Purchases) in Equity Markets," NBER Working Papers 11357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Riccardo Ferretti & Francesco Pattarin, 2008. "Is public information really public? The role of newspapers," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 08013, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- David Hirshleife, 2015. "Behavioral Finance," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 133-159, December.
- Mendieta-Muñoz, Ivan, 2017.
"On The Interaction Between Economic Growth And Business Cycles,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 982-1022, June.
- Ivan Mendieta-Muñoz, 2014. "On the Interaction Between Economic Growth and Business Cycles," Studies in Economics 1417, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Eric J. Levin & Robert E. Wright, 2002. "Estimating the price elasticity of demand in the London stock market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 222-237, June.
- Peter Fortune, 1991. "Stock market efficiency: an autopsy?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 17-40.
- Ledenyov, Dimitri O. & Ledenyov, Viktor O., 2015. "Wave function method to forecast foreign currencies exchange rates at ultra high frequency electronic trading in foreign currencies exchange markets," MPRA Paper 67470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:hur:ijaraf:v:4:y:2014:i:2:p:23-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsai, Pei-Jung, 2010. "Country funds and the role of international equity flows in pricing and in premiums and discounts," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 43-70.
- Committee, Nobel Prize, 2013. "Understanding Asset Prices," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2013-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Chen, Carl R. & Sauer, David A., 1997. "Mean reversion in asset returns with varying debt and equity components: Evidence and implications from preferred stock," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 683-696.
- Mark M. Carhart & Ron Kaniel & David K. Musto & Adam Reed, "undated". "Mutual Fund Returns and Market Microstructure," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 11-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Cornell, Bradfor & Liu, Quiao, 2000. "The Parent Company Puzzle: When is the Whole Worth Less Than One of its Parts?" forthcoming, Journal of Corporate Finance," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt1sv5f5xf, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:39:y:1995:i:2-3:p:209-235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.