Incivilities in nonmetropolitan communities: The effects of structural constraints, social conditions, and crime
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laub, John H., 1983. "Patterns of offending in urban and rural areas," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 129-142.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen, Jonathan & Cancino, Jeffrey M., 2012. "Social disorganization, Latinos and juvenile crime in the Texas borderlands," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 152-163.
- Hipp, John R., 2016. "Collective efficacy: How is it conceptualized, how is it measured, and does it really matter for understanding perceived neighborhood crime and disorder?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 32-44.
- Gau, Jacinta M. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Brunson, Rod K., 2014. "Revisiting broken windows theory: A test of the mediation impact of social mechanisms on the disorder–fear relationship," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 579-588.
- Steven C. Deller & Melissa A. Deller, 2010. "Rural Crime and Social Capital," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 221-275.
- Warner, Barbara D., 2014. "Neighborhood factors related to the likelihood of successful informal social control efforts," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 421-430.
- Hwang, Eui-Gab & McGarrell, Edmund F. & Benson, Bruce L., 2005. "Public satisfaction with the South Korean Police: The effect of residential location in a rapidly industrializing nation," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 585-599.
- Correia, Mark E., 2010. "Determinants of attitudes toward police of Latino immigrants and non-immigrants," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 99-107, January.
- Swatt, Marc L. & Varano, Sean P. & Uchida, Craig D. & Solomon, Shellie E., 2013. "Fear of crime, incivilities, and collective efficacy in four Miami neighborhoods," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-11.
- Wim Hardyns & Veerle Vyncke & Arne Boeck & Lieven Pauwels & Sara Willems, 2016. "Are Collective Efficacy, Disorder and Social Support Associated with One’s Quality of Life? Evidence from the Multilevel SWING Study in Belgium," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 11(3), pages 739-756, September.
- Gau, Jacinta M. & Pratt, Travis C., 2010. "Revisiting Broken Windows Theory: Examining the Sources of the Discriminant Validity of Perceived Disorder and Crime," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 758-766, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:32:y:2004:i:1:p:15-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .