Commodity prices and the CPI: Cointegration, information, and signal extraction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dalrymple, Douglas J., 1987. "Sales forecasting practices: Results from a United States survey," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 379-391.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Browne, Frank & Cronin, David, 2010. "Commodity prices, money and inflation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 331-345.
- Moses Tule & Afees A. Salisu & Charles Chimeke, 2018. "You are what you eat: The role of oil price in Nigeria inflation forecast," Working Papers 040, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Mihaela NICOLAU, 2010.
"Financial Markets Interactions between Economic Theory and Practice,"
Economics and Applied Informatics,
"Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 2, pages 27-36.
- Nicolau, Mihaela, 2010. "Financial Markets Interactions between Economic Theory and Practice," MPRA Paper 27322, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhattacharya, Prasad S. & Thomakos, Dimitrios D., 2008.
"Forecasting industry-level CPI and PPI inflation: Does exchange rate pass-through matter?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, pages 134-150.
- Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Prasad S. Bhattacharya, 2004. "Forecasting Industry-Level CPI and PPI Inflation: Does Exchange Rate Pass-Through Matter?," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 293, Econometric Society.
- Prasad S. Bhattacharya & Dimitrios D. Thomakos, 2006. "Forecasting Industry-Level CPI and PPI Inflation: Does Exchange Rate Pass-Through Matter?," Economics Series 2006_10, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Mahdavi, Saeid & Zhou, Su, 1997. "Gold and commodity prices as leading indicators of inflation: Tests of long-run relationship and predictive performance," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 475-489.
- Chen, Yu-chin & Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Zivot, Eric, 2014.
"Forecasting inflation using commodity price aggregates,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 117-134.
- Yu-chin Chen & Stephen J. Turnovsky & Eric Zivot, 2011. "Forecasting Inflation using Commodity Price Aggregates," Working Papers UWEC-2011-14, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Browne, Frank & Cronin, David, 2006. "Commodity Prices, Money and Inflation," Research Technical Papers 16/RT/06, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Browne, Frank & Cronin, David, 2008. "A Monetary Perspective on the Relationship between Commodity and Consumer Prices," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 77-90, February.
- Wang, Qing & Hu, Yiming, 2015. "Cross-correlation between interest rates and commodity prices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 428(C), pages 80-89.
- Hanan Naser, 2017. "Can Gold Investments Provide a Good Hedge Against Inflation? An Empirical Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, pages 470-475.
- Browne, Frank & Cronin, David, 2007. "Commodity prices, money and inflation," Working Paper Series 738, European Central Bank.
- Afees A. Salisu & Raymond Swaray & Idris Adediran, 2018. "Improving the predictability of commodity prices in US inflation: The role of coffee price," Working Papers 041, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:7:y:1992:i:4:p:493-500. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.