An operator-based approach to the analysis of ruin-related quantities in jump diffusion risk models
Recent developments in ruin theory have seen the growing popularity of jump diffusion processes in modeling an insurer's assets and liabilities. Despite the variations of technique, the analysis of ruin-related quantities mostly relies on solutions to certain differential equations. In this paper, we propose in the context of Lévy-type jump diffusion risk models a solution method to a general class of ruin-related quantities. Then we present a novel operator-based approach to solving a particular type of integro-differential equations. Explicit expressions for resolvent densities for jump diffusion processes killed on exit below zero are obtained as by-products of this work.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feng, Runhuan, 2009. "On the total operating costs up to default in a renewal risk model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 305-314, October.
- Bjarne Højgaard & Michael Taksar, 2001. "Optimal risk control for a large corporation in the presence of returns on investments," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 527-547.
- Lin, X. Sheldon & Willmot, Gordon E., 1999. "Analysis of a defective renewal equation arising in ruin theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 63-84, September.
- Wang, Guojing & Wu, Rong, 2000. "Some distributions for classical risk process that is perturbed by diffusion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 15-24, February.
- Jang, Jiwook, 2007. "Jump diffusion processes and their applications in insurance and finance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 62-70, July.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Landry, Bruno, 1998. "On the discounted penalty at ruin in a jump-diffusion and the perpetual put option," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 263-276, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:48:y:2011:i:2:p:304-313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.