Stochastic comparisons for time transformed exponential models
Different sufficient conditions for stochastic comparisons between random vectors have been described in the literature. In particular, conditions for the comparison of random vectors having the same copula, i.e., the same dependence structure, may be found in Müller and Scarsini (2001). Here we provide conditions for the comparison, in the usual stochastic order sense and in other weaker stochastic orders, of two time transformed exponential bivariate lifetimes having different copulas. Some examples of applications are provided too.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Müller, Alfred & Scarsini, Marco, 2005.
"Archimedean copulæ and positive dependence,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 434-445, April.
- Alfred Müller & Marco Scarsini, 2003. "Archimedean Copulae and Positive Dependence," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 25-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Marco Scarsini & Alfred Muller, 2005. "Archimedean copulae and positive dependence," Post-Print hal-00539618, HAL.
- Pellerey, Franco, 2000. "Random vectors with HNBUE-type marginal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 265-271, November.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1998. "Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-369, June.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1995. "Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization," Working Papers 95-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Bassan, Bruno & Spizzichino, Fabio, 2005. "Relations among univariate aging, bivariate aging and dependence for exchangeable lifetimes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 313-339, April.
- Nelsen, Roger B., 1997. "Dependence and Order in Families of Archimedean Copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 111-122, January.
- Bassan, Bruno & Spizzichino, Fabio, 2005. "Bivariate survival models with Clayton aging functions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 6-12, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:46:y:2010:i:2:p:328-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.