Stochastic comparisons for time transformed exponential models
Different sufficient conditions for stochastic comparisons between random vectors have been described in the literature. In particular, conditions for the comparison of random vectors having the same copula, i.e., the same dependence structure, may be found in Müller and Scarsini (2001). Here we provide conditions for the comparison, in the usual stochastic order sense and in other weaker stochastic orders, of two time transformed exponential bivariate lifetimes having different copulas. Some examples of applications are provided too.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- An, Mark Yuying, 1998.
"Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-369, June.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1995. "Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization," Working Papers 95-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Nelsen, Roger B., 1997. "Dependence and Order in Families of Archimedean Copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 111-122, January.
- Bassan, Bruno & Spizzichino, Fabio, 2005. "Bivariate survival models with Clayton aging functions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 6-12, August.
- Alfred Müller & Marco Scarsini, 2003.
"Archimedean Copulae and Positive Dependence,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
25-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Bassan, Bruno & Spizzichino, Fabio, 2005. "Relations among univariate aging, bivariate aging and dependence for exchangeable lifetimes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 313-339, April.
- Pellerey, Franco, 2000. "Random vectors with HNBUE-type marginal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 265-271, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:46:y:2010:i:2:p:328-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.