Regret, portfolio choice, and guarantees in defined contribution schemes
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Braun & Alexander Muermann, 2004. "The Impact of Regret on the Demand for Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(4), pages 737-767.
- Starmer, Chris & Sugden, Robert, 1993. " Testing for Juxtaposition and Event-Splitting Effects," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 235-54, June.
- Marie-Eve Lachance & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2002.
"Guaranteeing Defined Contribution Pensions: The Option to Buy-Back a Defined Benefit Promise,"
NBER Working Papers
8731, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marie-Eve Lachance & Olivia S. Mitchell & Kent Smetters, 2003. "Guaranteeing Defined Contribution Pensions: The Option to Buy Back a Defined Benefit Promise," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 1-16.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2001.
"THE POWER OF SUGGESTION: INERTIA IN 401(k) PARTICIPATION AND SAVINGS BEHAVIOR,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1149-1187, November.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2000. "The Power of Suggestion: Inertia in 401(k) Participation and Savings Behavior," NBER Working Papers 7682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Loomes, Graham, 1988. "Further Evidence of the Impact of Regret and Disappointment in Choice under Uncertainty," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(217), pages 47-62, February.
- Deelstra, Griselda & Grasselli, Martino & Koehl, Pierre-Francois, 2003. "Optimal investment strategies in the presence of a minimum guarantee," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 189-207, August.
- Boulier, Jean-Francois & Huang, ShaoJuan & Taillard, Gregory, 2001. "Optimal management under stochastic interest rates: the case of a protected defined contribution pension fund," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 173-189, April.
- Loomes, Graham & Sugden, Robert, 1982. "Regret Theory: An Alternative Theory of Rational Choice under Uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 805-24, December.
- Quiggin, John, 1994. "Regret Theory with General Choice Sets," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 153-65, March.
- Samwick, Andrew & Feldstein, Martin, 2001.
"Potential Paths of Social Security Reform,"
2920119, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kent Smetters, 2002.
"Controlling the Cost of Minimum Benefit Guarantees in Public Pension Conversions,"
NBER Working Papers
8732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smetters, Kent, 2002. "Controlling the cost of minimum benefit guarantees in public pension conversions," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 9-33, March.
- van der Hoek, John & Sherris, Michael, 2001. "A class of non-expected utility risk measures and implications for asset allocations," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 69-82, February.
- Marie-Eve Lachance & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2003.
"Understanding Individual Account Guarantees,"
wp035, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Griselda Deelstra & Martino Grasselli & Pierre-François Koehl, 2003. "Optimal investment strategies in the presence of a minimum guarantee," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7598, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Loomes, Graham & Sugden, Robert, 1987. "Testing for Regret and Disappointment in Choice under Uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 118-29, Supplemen.
- John F. Cogan & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2003. "Perspectives from the President's Commission on Social Security Reform," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 149-172, Spring.
- Julie Agnew & Pierluigi Balduzzi & Annika Sundén, 2003. "Portfolio Choice and Trading in a Large 401(k) Plan," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 193-215, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:39:y:2006:i:2:p:219-229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.