Optimal maintenance of systems with Markovian mission and deterioration
We consider the maintenance of a mission-based system that is designed to perform missions consisting of a random sequence of phases or stages with random durations. A finite state Markov process describes the mission process. The age or deterioration process of the system is described by another finite state Markov process whose generator depends on the phases of the mission. We discuss optimal repair and optimal replacement problems, and characterize the optimal policies under some monotonicity assumptions. We also provide numerical illustrations to demonstrate the structure of the optimal policies.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Kolesar, 1966. "Minimum Cost Replacement Under Markovian Deterioration," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(9), pages 694-706, May.
- Jardine, A. K. S. & Buzacott, J. A., 1985. "Equipment reliability and maintenance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 285-296, March.
- Ozekici, Suleyman, 1995. "Optimal maintenance policies in random environments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 283-294, April.
- Wang, Hongzhou, 2002. "A survey of maintenance policies of deteriorating systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(3), pages 469-489, June.
- Cho, Danny I. & Parlar, Mahmut, 1991. "A survey of maintenance models for multi-unit systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Çekyay, B. & Özekici, S., 2010. "Mean time to failure and availability of semi-Markov missions with maximal repair," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1442-1454, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:219:y:2012:i:1:p:123-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.