Handling CVaR objectives and constraints in two-stage stochastic models
Based on the polyhedral representation of Künzi-Bay and Mayer [Künzi-Bay, A., Mayer, J., 2006. Computational aspects of minimizing conditional value-at-risk. Computational Management Science 3, 3-27] , we propose decomposition frameworks for handling CVaR objectives and constraints in two-stage stochastic models. For the solution of the decomposed problems we propose special Level-type methods.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norbert Jobst & Stavros A. Zenios, 2001. "The Tail that Wags the Dog: Integrating Credit Risk in Asset Portfolios," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:02a33 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & G. H. Symonds, 1958. "Cost Horizons and Certainty Equivalents: An Approach to Stochastic Programming of Heating Oil," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(3), pages 235-263, April.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Klein Haneveld, Willem K. & Vlerk, Maarten H. van der, 2002. "Integrated chance constraints: reduced forms and an algorithm," Research Report 02A33, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- Alexandra Künzi-Bay & János Mayer, 2006. "Computational aspects of minimizing conditional value-at-risk," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 3-27, 01.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:191:y:2008:i:3:p:888-911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.