Estimating the impacts of land use/land cover changes on Ecosystem Service Values: The case of the Andassa watershed in the Upper Blue Nile basin of Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Braat, Leon C. & de Groot, Rudolf, 2012. "The ecosystem services agenda:bridging the worlds of natural science and economics, conservation and development, and public and private policy," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 4-15.
- de Groot, Rudolf & Brander, Luke & van der Ploeg, Sander & Costanza, Robert & Bernard, Florence & Braat, Leon & Christie, Mike & Crossman, Neville & Ghermandi, Andrea & Hein, Lars & Hussain, Salman & , 2012. "Global estimates of the value of ecosystems and their services in monetary units," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 50-61.
- Costanza, Robert & de Groot, Rudolf & Braat, Leon & Kubiszewski, Ida & Fioramonti, Lorenzo & Sutton, Paul & Farber, Steve & Grasso, Monica, 2017. "Twenty years of ecosystem services: How far have we come and how far do we still need to go?," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 28(PA), pages 1-16.
- Wang, Xuechao & Dong, Xiaobin & Liu, Huiming & Wei, Hejie & Fan, Weiguo & Lu, Nachuan & Xu, Zihan & Ren, Jiahui & Xing, Kaixiong, 2017. "Linking land use change, ecosystem services and human well-being: A case study of the Manas River Basin of Xinjiang, China," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 27(PA), pages 113-123.
- Knoke, Thomas & Steinbeis, Otto-Emmanuel & Bösch, Matthias & Román-Cuesta, Rosa María & Burkhardt, Thomas, 2011. "Cost-effective compensation to avoid carbon emissions from forest loss: An approach to consider price-quantity effects and risk-aversion," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1139-1153, April.
- Tianhong, Li & Wenkai, Li & Zhenghan, Qian, 2010. "Variations in ecosystem service value in response to land use changes in Shenzhen," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1427-1435, May.
- Aschonitis, V.G. & Gaglio, M. & Castaldelli, G. & Fano, E.A., 2016. "Criticism on elasticity-sensitivity coefficient for assessing the robustness and sensitivity of ecosystem services values," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 66-68.
- Jacobs, Sander & Dendoncker, Nicolas & MartÃn-LÃ³pez, Berta & Barton, David Nicholas & Gomez-Baggethun, Erik & Boeraeve, Fanny & McGrath, Francesca L. & Vierikko, Kati & Geneletti, Davide & Sevecke, , 2016. "A new valuation school: Integrating diverse values of nature in resource and land use decisions," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 213-220.
- Cabral, Pedro & Feger, ClÃ©ment & Levrel, Harold & Chambolle, MÃ©lodie & Basque, Damien, 2016. "Assessing the impact of land-cover changes on ecosystem services: A first step toward integrative planning in Bordeaux, France," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 318-327.
- Kreuter, Urs P. & Harris, Heather G. & Matlock, Marty D. & Lacey, Ronald E., 2001. "Change in ecosystem service values in the San Antonio area, Texas," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 333-346, December.
- Tolessa, Terefe & Senbeta, Feyera & Kidane, Moges, 2017. "The impact of land use/land cover change on ecosystem services in the central highlands of Ethiopia," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 47-54.
- Kubiszewski, Ida & Costanza, Robert & Anderson, Sharolyn & Sutton, Paul, 2017. "The future value of ecosystem services: Global scenarios and national implications," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 26(PA), pages 289-301.
- Anaya-Romero, MarÃa & MuÃ±oz-Rojas, Miriam & IbÃ¡Ã±ez, Beatriz & MaraÃ±Ã³n, Teodoro, 2016. "Evaluation of forest ecosystem services in Mediterranean areas. A regional case study in South Spain," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 82-90.
- Sutton, Paul C. & Anderson, Sharolyn J. & Costanza, Robert & Kubiszewski, Ida, 2016. "The ecological economics of land degradation: Impacts on ecosystem service values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 182-192.
- Eshetu Yirsaw & Wei Wu & Xiaoping Shi & Habtamu Temesgen & Belew Bekele, 2017. "Land Use/Land Cover Change Modeling and the Prediction of Subsequent Changes in Ecosystem Service Values in a Coastal Area of China, the Su-Xi-Chang Region," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(7), pages 1-17, July.
- Egoh, Benis N. & O'Farrell, Patrick J. & Charef, Aymen & Josephine Gurney, Leigh & Koellner, Thomas & Nibam Abi, Henry & Egoh, Mody & Willemen, Louise, 2012. "An African account of ecosystem service provision: Use, threats and policy options for sustainable livelihoods," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 71-81.
- Bartkowski, Bartosz, 2017. "Are diverse ecosystems more valuable? Economic value of biodiversity as result of uncertainty and spatial interactions in ecosystem service provision," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 50-57.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raju Rai & Yili Zhang & Basanta Paudel & Bipin Kumar Acharya & Laxmi Basnet, 2018. "Land Use and Land Cover Dynamics and Assessing the Ecosystem Service Values in the Trans-Boundary Gandaki River Basin, Central Himalayas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-22, August.
- Yizhu Chen & Nuanyin Xu & Qianru Yu & Luo Guo, 2020. "Ecosystem Service Response to Human Disturbance in the Yangtze River Economic Belt: A Case of Western Hunan, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(2), pages 1-12, January.
- Yujing Zhao & Hong Leng & Pingjun Sun & Qing Yuan, 2019. "Application and Validation of a Municipal Administrative Area Spatial Zoning Model in Village-Town System Planning," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-25, March.
More about this item
KeywordsLand use/land cover; CA-Markov; Ecosystem Service Values;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoser:v:31:y:2018:i:pa:p:219-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.