A new valuation school: Integrating diverse values of nature in resource and land use decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berg, Chelsea E. & Mineau, Madeleine M. & Rogers, Shannon H., 2016. "Examining the ecosystem service of nutrient removal in a coastal watershed," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 104-112.
- Saarikoski, Heli & Mustajoki, Jyri & Barton, David N. & Geneletti, Davide & Langemeyer, Johannes & Gomez-Baggethun, Erik & Marttunen, Mika & Antunes, Paula & Keune, Hans & Santos, Rui, 2016. "Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis: Comparing alternative frameworks for integrated valuation of ecosystem services," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 238-249.
- Fisher, Brendan & Turner, R. Kerry & Morling, Paul, 2009. "Defining and classifying ecosystem services for decision making," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 643-653, January.
- De Vreese, R. & Leys, M. & Dendoncker, N. & Van Herzele, A. & Fontaine, C.M., 2016. "Images of nature as a boundary object in social and integrated ecosystem services assessments. Reflections from a Belgian case study," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 269-279.
- van Zanten, Boris T. & Koetse, Mark J. & Verburg, Peter H., 2016. "Economic valuation at all cost? The role of the price attribute in a landscape preference study," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 289-296.
- Liquete, Camino & Udias, Angel & Conte, Giulio & Grizzetti, Bruna & Masi, Fabio, 2016. "Integrated valuation of a nature-based solution for water pollution control. Highlighting hidden benefits," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 392-401.
- Berg, Chelsea E. & Mineau, Madeleine M. & Rogers, Shannon H., 2016. "Reprint:Examining the ecosystem service of nutrient removal in a coastal watershed," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 309-317.
- Gómez-Baggethun, Erik & de Groot, Rudolf & Lomas, Pedro L. & Montes, Carlos, 2010. "The history of ecosystem services in economic theory and practice: From early notions to markets and payment schemes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1209-1218, April.
- Pandeya, B. & Buytaert, W. & Zulkafli, Z. & Karpouzoglou, T. & Mao, F. & Hannah, D.M., 2016. "A comparative analysis of ecosystem services valuation approaches for application at the local scale and in data scarce regions," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 250-259.
- Peh, Kelvin S.-H. & Thapa, Ishana & Basnyat, Menuka & Balmford, Andrew & Bhattarai, Gopal Prakash & Bradbury, Richard B. & Brown, Claire & Butchart, Stuart H.M. & Dhakal, Maheshwar & Gurung, Hum & Hug, 2016. "Synergies between biodiversity conservation and ecosystem service provision: Lessons on integrated ecosystem service valuation from a Himalayan protected area, Nepal," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 359-369.
- Schroder, Svetlana A. (Kushch) & TÃ³th, SÃ¡ndor F. & Deal, Robert L. & Ettl, Gregory J., 2016. "Multi-objective optimization to evaluate tradeoffs among forest ecosystem services following fire hazard reduction in the Deschutes National Forest, USA," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 328-347.
- Martinez-Alier, Joan & Munda, Giuseppe & O'Neill, John, 1998. "Weak comparability of values as a foundation for ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 277-286, September.
- Cabral, Pedro & Feger, ClÃ©ment & Levrel, Harold & Chambolle, MÃ©lodie & Basque, Damien, 2016. "Assessing the impact of land-cover changes on ecosystem services: A first step toward integrative planning in Bordeaux, France," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 318-327.
- Bark, Rosalind H. & Colloff, Matthew J. & Hatton MacDonald, Darla & Pollino, Carmel A. & Jackson, Sue & Crossman, Neville D., 2016. "Integrated valuation of ecosystem services obtained from restoring water to the environment in a major regulated river basin," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 381-391.
- Phelan, Anna (Anya) & Jacobs, Sander, 2016. "Facing the true cost of fracking; social externalities and the role of integrated valuation," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 348-358.
- Esther Turnhout & Marian Stuiver & Judith Klostermann & Bette Harms & Cees Leeuwis, 2013. "New roles of science in society: Different repertoires of knowledge brokering," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 354-365, February.
- HansjÃ¼rgens, Bernd & SchrÃ¶ter-Schlaack, Christoph & BerghÃ¶fer, Augustin & Lienhoop, Nele, 2016. "Reprint:Justifying social values of nature: Economic reasoning beyond self-interested preferences," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 228-237.
- Baral, Himlal & Guariguata, Manuel R. & Keenan, Rodney J., 2016. "A proposed framework for assessing ecosystem goods and services from planted forests," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 260-268.
- Bieling, Claudia & Plieninger, Tobias & Pirker, Heidemarie & Vogl, Christian R., 2014. "Linkages between landscapes and human well-being: An empirical exploration with short interviews," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 19-30.
- Mueller, Hannah & Hamilton, David P. & Doole, Graeme J., 2016. "Evaluating services and damage costs of degradation of a major lake ecosystem," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 370-380.
- Iniesta-Arandia, Irene & García-Llorente, Marina & Aguilera, Pedro A. & Montes, Carlos & Martín-López, Berta, 2014. "Socio-cultural valuation of ecosystem services: uncovering the links between values, drivers of change, and human well-being," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 36-48.
- AragÃ£o, Alexandra & Jacobs, Sander & Cliquet, An, 2016. "What's law got to do with it? Why environmental justice is essential to ecosystem service valuation," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 221-227.
- Buizer, Marleen & Elands, Birgit & Vierikko, Kati, 2016. "Governing cities reflexively—The biocultural diversity concept as an alternative to ecosystem services," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 7-13.
- Vatn, Arild, 2009. "An institutional analysis of methods for environmental appraisal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2207-2215, June.
- Klain, Sarah C. & Satterfield, Terre A. & Chan, Kai M.A., 2014. "What matters and why? Ecosystem services and their bundled qualities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 310-320.
- Villegas-Palacio, Clara & Berrouet, Lina & LÃ³pez, Connie & Ruiz, Aura & Upegui, Alba, 2016. "Lessons from the integrated valuation of ecosystem services in a developing country: Three case studies on ecological, socio-cultural and economic valuation," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PB), pages 297-308.
More about this item
KeywordsIntegrated valuation; Ecosystem services; Intrinsic value; Benefits of nature; Quality of life; Participation; Social and environmental justice; Decision support;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoser:v:22:y:2016:i:pb:p:213-220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.