Well-being and the use of ecosystem services by rural households of the RÃo Cruces watershed, southern Chile
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Muradian, Roldan & Corbera, Esteve & Pascual, Unai & Kosoy, Nicolás & May, Peter H., 2010. "Reconciling theory and practice: An alternative conceptual framework for understanding payments for environmental services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1202-1208, April.
- de Groot, Rudolf & Brander, Luke & van der Ploeg, Sander & Costanza, Robert & Bernard, Florence & Braat, Leon & Christie, Mike & Crossman, Neville & Ghermandi, Andrea & Hein, Lars & Hussain, Salman & , 2012. "Global estimates of the value of ecosystems and their services in monetary units," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 50-61.
- Sandifer, Paul A. & Sutton-Grier, Ariana E. & Ward, Bethney P., 2015. "Exploring connections among nature, biodiversity, ecosystem services, and human health and well-being: Opportunities to enhance health and biodiversity conservation," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 1-15.
- Lakerveld, Roan P. & Lele, S. & Crane, T.A. & Fortuin, K.P.J. & Springate-Baginski, O., 2015. "The social distribution of provisioning forest ecosystem services: Evidence and insights from Odisha, India," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 56-66.
- Costanza, Robert & Fisher, Brendan & Ali, Saleem & Beer, Caroline & Bond, Lynne & Boumans, Roelof & Danigelis, Nicholas L. & Dickinson, Jennifer & Elliott, Carolyn & Farley, Joshua & Gayer, Diane Elli, 2007. "Quality of life: An approach integrating opportunities, human needs, and subjective well-being," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 267-276, March.
- Marín, Víctor H. & Rodríguez, Luis C. & Niemeyer, Hermann M., 2012. "A socio-ecological model of the Opuntia scrublands in the Peruvian Andes," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 227(C), pages 136-146.
- Norgaard, Richard B., 2010. "Ecosystem services: From eye-opening metaphor to complexity blinder," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1219-1227, April.
- Grootaert Grootaert & Deepa Narayan & Veronica Nyhan Jones & Michael Woolcock, 2004. "Measuring Social Capital : An Integrated Questionnaire," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15033, Juni.
- Asah, Stanley T. & Guerry, Anne D. & Blahna, Dale J. & Lawler, Joshua J., 2014. "Perception, acquisition and use of ecosystem services: Human behavior, and ecosystem management and policy implications," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 10(C), pages 180-186.
- Delgado, Luisa E. & MarÃn, VÃctor H., 2015. "Ecosystem services: Where on earth?," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 24-26.
- Megan King & Vivian Renó & Evlyn Novo, 2014. "The Concept, Dimensions and Methods of Assessment of Human Well-Being within a Socioecological Context: A Literature Review," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 116(3), pages 681-698, May.
- Balvanera, Patricia & Uriarte, MarÃa & Almeida-LeÃ±ero, LucÃa & Altesor, Alice & DeClerck, Fabrice & Gardner, Toby & Hall, Jefferson & Lara, Antonio & Laterra, Pedro & PeÃ±a-Claros, Marielos & Silva, 2012. "Ecosystem services research in Latin America: The state of the art," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 56-70.
- Iniesta-Arandia, Irene & García-Llorente, Marina & Aguilera, Pedro A. & Montes, Carlos & Martín-López, Berta, 2014. "Socio-cultural valuation of ecosystem services: uncovering the links between values, drivers of change, and human well-being," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 36-48.
- HÃ¤yhÃ¤, Tiina & Franzese, Pier Paolo & Paletto, Alessandro & Fath, Brian D., 2015. "Assessing, valuing, and mapping ecosystem services in Alpine forests," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 12-23.
- Delgado, Luisa E. & SepÃºlveda, Ma. BelÃ©n & MarÃn, VÃctor H., 2013. "Provision of ecosystem services by the AysÃ©n watershed, Chilean Patagonia, to rural households," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 102-109.
- Suich, Helen & Howe, Caroline & Mace, Georgina, 2015. "Ecosystem services and poverty alleviation: A review of the empirical links," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 137-147.
- Amartya Sen, 2009. "Desarrollo económico y libertad," Revista Apuntes del Cenes, Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Colombia, November.
- Sandhu, Harpinder & Sandhu, Sukhbir, 2014. "Linking ecosystem services with the constituents of human well-being for poverty alleviation in eastern Himalayas," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 65-75.
- Schuhmann, Peter W. & Mahon, Robin, 2015. "The valuation of marine ecosystem goods and services in the Caribbean: A literature review and framework for future valuation efforts," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 56-66.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Bojie & Tang, Haiping & Xu, Ying, 2017. "Integrating ecosystem services and human well-being into management practices: Insights from a mountain-basin area, China," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 27(PA), pages 58-69.
- Wei, Hejie & Liu, Huiming & Xu, Zihan & Ren, Jiahui & Lu, Nachuan & Fan, Weiguo & Zhang, Peng & Dong, Xiaobin, 2018. "Linking ecosystem services supply, social demand and human well-being in a typical mountainâ€“oasisâ€“desert area, Xinjiang, China," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PA), pages 44-57.
- Aguado, Mateo & GonzÃ¡lez, JosÃ© A. & Bellott, Kr'sna & LÃ³pez-Santiago, CÃ©sar & Montes, Carlos, 2018. "Exploring subjective well-being and ecosystem services perception along a ruralâ€“urban gradient in the high Andes of Ecuador," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(PA), pages 1-10.
- Huang, Qingxu & Yin, Dan & He, Chunyang & Yan, Jubo & Liu, Ziwen & Meng, Shiting & Ren, Qiang & Zhao, Rui & Inostroza, Luis, 2020. "Linking ecosystem services and subjective well-being in rapidly urbanizing watersheds: Insights from a multilevel linear model," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 43(C).
- DÃaz, MarÃa Elisa & Figueroa, Ricardo & Alonso, M. Luisa SuÃ¡rez & Vidal-Abarca, M. Rosario, 2018. "Exploring the complex relations between water resources and social indicators: The BiobÃo Basin (Chile)," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PA), pages 84-92.
- Cui, Fengqi & Tang, Haiping & Zhang, Qin & Wang, Bojie & Dai, Luwei, 2019. "Integrating ecosystem services supply and demand into optimized management at different scales: A case study in Hulunbuir, China," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 39(C).
- Bullock, Craig & Joyce, Deirdre & Collier, Marcus, 2018. "An exploration of the relationships between cultural ecosystem services, socio-cultural values and well-being," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PA), pages 142-152.
- Wang, Xuechao & Dong, Xiaobin & Liu, Huiming & Wei, Hejie & Fan, Weiguo & Lu, Nachuan & Xu, Zihan & Ren, Jiahui & Xing, Kaixiong, 2017. "Linking land use change, ecosystem services and human well-being: A case study of the Manas River Basin of Xinjiang, China," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 27(PA), pages 113-123.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman well-being; Ecosystem services; Environmentalist's paradox; Rural population; South America;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoser:v:21:y:2016:i:pa:p:81-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.