Piecewise linear tax functions, progressivity, and the principle of equal sacrifice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mitra, Tapan & Ok, Efe A, 1996.
"Personal Income Taxation and the Principle of Equal Sacrifice Revisited,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(4), pages 925-948, November.
- Mitra, T. & Ok, E.A., 1994. "Personal Income Taxation and the Principle of Equal Sacrifice Revisited," Papers 94-29, Cornell - Department of Economics.
- Richter, Wolfram F., 1983.
"From ability to pay to concepts of equal sacrifice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 211-229, March.
- Richter, Wolfram F., 2017. "From ability to pay to concepts of equal sacrifice," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 108, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Young, H. P., 1988. "Distributive justice in taxation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 321-335, April.
- Young, H. P., 1987. "Progressive taxation and the equal sacrifice principle," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 203-214, March.
- Ok, Efe A., 1995. "On the principle of equal sacrifice in income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 453-467, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moyes, Patrick, 2003. "Redistributive effects of minimal equal sacrifice taxation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 111-140, January.
- Peter J. Lambert & Helen T. Naughton, 2006.
"The Equal Sacrifice Principle Revisited,"
45, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Peter J. Lambert & Helen T. Naughton, 2006. "The Equal Sacrifice Principle Revisited," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2006-4, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jun 2006.
- Weinzierl, Matthew, 2014.
"The promise of positive optimal taxation: normative diversity and a role for equal sacrifice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 128-142.
- Matthew Weinzierl, 2012. "The Promise of Positive Optimal Taxation: Normative Diversity and a role for Equal Sacrifice," NBER Working Papers 18599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luis José Imedio Olmedo & Encarnación Macarena Parrado Gallardo & María Dolores Sarrión Gavilán, 2005. "Horizontal equity, equal progression: an utilitarian approach," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 174(3), pages 87-115, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:65:y:1999:i:2:p:191-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.