The pivotal role of child welfare supervisors in implementing an agency's practice model
This article describes the essential role of supervision in the implementation of child welfare practice models with a focus on one agency's permanency practice model. The authors outline the essential components of child welfare supervision and related supervisory activities that promote a practice model designed to ensure that children and youth in foster care achieve safety, permanency and well-being.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 34 (2012)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rzepnicki, Tina L. & Johnson, Penny R., 2005. "Examining decision errors in child protection: A new application of root cause analysis," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 393-407, April.
- Strand, Virginia C. & Badger, Lee, 2005. "Professionalizing child welfare: An evaluation of a clinical consultation model for supervisors," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 865-880, August.
- McBeath, Bowen & Briggs, Harold E. & Aisenberg, Eugene, 2009. "The role of child welfare managers in promoting agency performance through experimentation," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 112-118, January.
- Yankeelov, Pamela A. & Barbee, Anita P. & Sullivan, Dana & Antle, Becky F., 2009. "Individual and organizational factors in job retention in Kentucky's child welfare agency," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 547-554, May.
- Munro, Eileen, 2005. "Improving practice: Child protection as a systems problem," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 375-391, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:34:y:2012:i:7:p:1273-1282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.