The pivotal role of child welfare supervisors in implementing an agency's practice model
This article describes the essential role of supervision in the implementation of child welfare practice models with a focus on one agency's permanency practice model. The authors outline the essential components of child welfare supervision and related supervisory activities that promote a practice model designed to ensure that children and youth in foster care achieve safety, permanency and well-being.
Volume (Year): 34 (2012)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Strand, Virginia C. & Badger, Lee, 2005. "Professionalizing child welfare: An evaluation of a clinical consultation model for supervisors," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 865-880, August.
- Yankeelov, Pamela A. & Barbee, Anita P. & Sullivan, Dana & Antle, Becky F., 2009. "Individual and organizational factors in job retention in Kentucky's child welfare agency," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 547-554, May.
- Munro, Eileen, 2005. "Improving practice: Child protection as a systems problem," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 375-391, April.
- McBeath, Bowen & Briggs, Harold E. & Aisenberg, Eugene, 2009. "The role of child welfare managers in promoting agency performance through experimentation," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 112-118, January.
- Rzepnicki, Tina L. & Johnson, Penny R., 2005. "Examining decision errors in child protection: A new application of root cause analysis," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 393-407, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:34:y:2012:i:7:p:1273-1282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.