Mental health services for children and youth in the child welfare system: A focus on caregivers as gatekeepers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:1:75-80_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garland, Ann F. & Besinger, Bridgett A., 1997. "Racial/Ethnic Differences in Court Referred Pathways to Mental Health Services for Children in Foster Care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 651-666, December.
- Shore, Nancy & Sim, Kelly E. & Le Prohn, Nicole S. & Keller, Thomas E., 2002. "Foster parent and teacher assessments of youth in kinship and non-kinship foster care placements: are behaviors perceived differently across settings?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 109-134.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brown, Jason D. & Ivanova, Viktoria & Mehta, Nisha & Skrodzki, Donna & Gerrits, Julie, 2013. "Social needs of aboriginal foster parents," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1886-1893.
- Garcia, Antonio R. & Kim, Minseop & DeNard, Christina, 2016. "Context matters: The state of racial disparities in mental health services among youth reported to child welfare in 1999 and 2009," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 101-108.
- Schneiderman, Janet U. & Smith, Caitlin & Palinkas, Lawrence A., 2012. "The caregiver as gatekeeper for accessing health care for children in foster care: A qualitative study of kinship and unrelated caregivers," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2123-2130.
- Swanke, Jayme R. & Yampolskaya, Svetlana & Strozier, Anne & Armstrong, Mary I., 2016. "Mental health service utilization and time to care: A comparison of children in traditional foster care and children in kinship care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 154-158.
- Coleman, Kanisha L. & Wu, Qi, 2016. "Kinship care and service utilization: A review of predisposing, enabling, and need factors," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 201-210.
More about this item
KeywordsFoster care Mental health Child welfare Caregivers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:32:y:2010:i:5:p:691-697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.