A robust estimator for the tail index of Pareto-type distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schluter, Christian & Trede, Mark, 2008. "Identifying multiple outliers in heavy-tailed distributions with an application to market crashes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 700-713, September.
- Hubert, Mia & Dierckx, Goedele & Vanpaemel, Dina, 2013. "Detecting influential data points for the Hill estimator in Pareto-type distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 13-28.
- Milan Stehlík & Rastislav Potocký & Helmut Waldl & Zdeněk Fabián, 2010. "On the favorable estimation for fitting heavy tailed data," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 485-503, September.
- Asimit, Alexandru V. & Badescu, Alexandru M. & Verdonck, Tim, 2013. "Optimal risk transfer under quantile-based risk measurers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 252-265.
- repec:gam:jrisks:v:6:y:2018:i:4:p:119-:d:174942 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:stmapp:v:26:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10260-016-0364-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dierckx, Goedele & Goegebeur, Yuri & Guillou, Armelle, 2013. "An asymptotically unbiased minimum density power divergence estimator for the Pareto-tail index," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 70-86.
- M. Ivette Gomes & Armelle Guillou, 2015. "Extreme Value Theory and Statistics of Univariate Extremes: A Review," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 83(2), pages 263-292, August.
- Fabrizi, Enrico & Trivisano, Carlo, 2016. "Small area estimation of the Gini concentration coefficient," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 223-234.
- Rastislav Potocký & Helmut Waldl & Milan Stehlík, 2014. "On Sums of Claims and their Applications in Analysis of Pension Funds and Insurance Products," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2014(3), pages 349-370.
- Yuri Goegebeur & Armelle Guillou & Théo Rietsch, 2015. "Robust conditional Weibull-type estimation," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 67(3), pages 479-514, June.
- Goegebeur, Yuri & Guillou, Armelle & Verster, Andréhette, 2014. "Robust and asymptotically unbiased estimation of extreme quantiles for heavy tailed distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 108-114.
- Fedotenkov, Igor, 2018. "A review of more than one hundred Pareto-tail index estimators," MPRA Paper 90072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bertrand B. Maillet & Jean-Philippe R. M�decin, 2010. "Extreme Volatilities, Financial Crises and L-moment Estimations of Tail-indexes," Working Papers 2010_10, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Beran, Jan & Schell, Dieter, 2012. "On robust tail index estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3430-3443.
- Michal Brzezinski, 2016. "Robust estimation of the Pareto tail index: a Monte Carlo analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 1-30, August.
- Hubert, M. & Vandervieren, E., 2008. "An adjusted boxplot for skewed distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5186-5201, August.
- Jan Beran & Dieter Schell & Milan Stehlík, 2014. "The harmonic moment tail index estimator: asymptotic distribution and robustness," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 66(1), pages 193-220, February.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2013. "Robust estimation of the Pareto index: A Monte Carlo Analysis," Working Papers 2013-32, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:51:y:2007:i:12:p:6252-6268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.