Co-liquefaction of swine manure and mixed-culture algal biomass from a wastewater treatment system to produce bio-crude oil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rawat, I. & Ranjith Kumar, R. & Mutanda, T. & Bux, F., 2011. "Dual role of microalgae: Phycoremediation of domestic wastewater and biomass production for sustainable biofuels production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3411-3424.
- Markou, Giorgos & Georgakakis, Dimitris, 2011. "Cultivation of filamentous cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) in agro-industrial wastes and wastewaters: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3389-3401.
- Singh, Anoop & Olsen, Stig Irving, 2011. "A critical review of biochemical conversion, sustainability and life cycle assessment of algal biofuels," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3548-3555.
- Guo, Xiujuan & Wang, Shurong & Guo, Zuogang & Liu, Qian & Luo, Zhongyang & Cen, Kefa, 2010. "Pyrolysis characteristics of bio-oil fractions separated by molecular distillation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(9), pages 2892-2898, September.
- Gan, Jing & Yuan, Wenqiao, 2013. "Operating condition optimization of corncob hydrothermal conversion for bio-oil production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 350-357.
- Demirbas, Ayhan, 2011. "Competitive liquid biofuels from biomass," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 17-28, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Prajapati, Sanjeev Kumar & Malik, Anushree & Vijay, Virendra Kumar, 2014. "Comparative evaluation of biomass production and bioenergy generation potential of Chlorella spp. through anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 790-797.
- Cui, Yan & Yuan, Wenqiao, 2013. "Thermodynamic modeling of algal cell–solid substrate interactions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 485-492.
- Chang, Yuanyuan & Wu, Zucheng & Bian, Lei & Feng, Daolun & Leung, Dennis Y.C., 2013. "Cultivation of Spirulina platensis for biomass production and nutrient removal from synthetic human urine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 427-431.
- Yang, Yu & Abu-Omar, Mahdi M. & Hu, Changwei, 2012. "Heteropolyacid catalyzed conversion of fructose, sucrose, and inulin to 5-ethoxymethylfurfural, a liquid biofuel candidate," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 80-84.
- Zhu, Zhe & Rosendahl, Lasse & Toor, Saqib Sohail & Yu, Donghong & Chen, Guanyi, 2015. "Hydrothermal liquefaction of barley straw to bio-crude oil: Effects of reaction temperature and aqueous phase recirculation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 183-192.
- Kasivisvanathan, Harresh & Barilea, Ivan Dale U. & Ng, Denny K.S. & Tan, Raymond R., 2013. "Optimal operational adjustment in multi-functional energy systems in response to process inoperability," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 492-500.
- Watanabe, Hideo & Li, Dalin & Nakagawa, Yoshinao & Tomishige, Keiichi & Kaya, Kunimitsu & Watanabe, Makoto M., 2014. "Characterization of oil-extracted residue biomass of Botryococcus braunii as a biofuel feedstock and its pyrolytic behavior," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 475-484.
- Salama, El-Sayed & Kurade, Mayur B. & Abou-Shanab, Reda A.I. & El-Dalatony, Marwa M. & Yang, Il-Seung & Min, Booki & Jeon, Byong-Hun, 2017. "Recent progress in microalgal biomass production coupled with wastewater treatment for biofuel generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1189-1211.
- Chen, Guanyi & Zhao, Liu & Qi, Yun, 2015. "Enhancing the productivity of microalgae cultivated in wastewater toward biofuel production: A critical review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 282-291.
- Zabed, Hossain M. & Akter, Suely & Yun, Junhua & Zhang, Guoyan & Zhang, Yufei & Qi, Xianghui, 2020. "Biogas from microalgae: Technologies, challenges and opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 117(C).
- Taylor, Benjamin & Xiao, Ning & Sikorski, Janusz & Yong, Minloon & Harris, Tom & Helme, Tim & Smallbone, Andrew & Bhave, Amit & Kraft, Markus, 2013. "Techno-economic assessment of carbon-negative algal biodiesel for transport solutions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 262-274.
- Aziz, Muhammad & Oda, Takuya & Kashiwagi, Takao, 2013. "Enhanced high energy efficient steam drying of algae," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 163-170.
- Hardi, Flabianus & Mäkelä, Mikko & Yoshikawa, Kunio, 2017. "Non-catalytic hydrothermal liquefaction of pine sawdust using experimental design: Material balances and products analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 1026-1034.
- Fasahati, Peyman & Wu, Wenzhao & Maravelias, Christos T., 2019. "Process synthesis and economic analysis of cyanobacteria biorefineries: A superstructure-based approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Cabanelas, Iago Teles Dominguez & Arbib, Zouhayr & Chinalia, Fábio A. & Souza, Carolina Oliveira & Perales, José A. & Almeida, Paulo Fernando & Druzian, Janice Izabel & Nascimento, Iracema Andrade, 2013. "From waste to energy: Microalgae production in wastewater and glycerol," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 283-290.
- Jiang, Liling & Luo, Shengjun & Fan, Xiaolei & Yang, Zhiman & Guo, Rongbo, 2011. "Biomass and lipid production of marine microalgae using municipal wastewater and high concentration of CO2," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3336-3341.
- Soratana, Kullapa & Khanna, Vikas & Landis, Amy E., 2013. "Re-envisioning the renewable fuel standard to minimize unintended consequences: A comparison of microalgal diesel with other biodiesels," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 194-204.
- Eyko Medeiros Rios & Danielle Rodrigues Moraes & Gisele Maria Ribeiro Vieira & Bárbara Noronha Gonçalves & Ronney Arismel Mancebo Boloy, 2022. "Dual-fuel compression-ignition engines fuelled with biofuels. A bibliometric review," Environment Systems and Decisions, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 8-25, March.
- Srirangan, Kajan & Akawi, Lamees & Moo-Young, Murray & Chou, C. Perry, 2012. "Towards sustainable production of clean energy carriers from biomass resources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 172-186.
- Pragya, Namita & Pandey, Krishan K. & Sahoo, P.K., 2013. "A review on harvesting, oil extraction and biofuels production technologies from microalgae," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 159-171.
More about this item
KeywordsBio-crude oil; Hydrothermal co-liquefaction; Nutrient recovery; Nutrient reuse; Energy consumption ratio (ECR);
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:128:y:2014:i:c:p:209-216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.