Reputation costs: the impetus for voluntary derivative financial instrument reporting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patten, Dennis M., 1991. "Exposure, legitimacy, and social disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 297-308.
- repec:bla:joares:v:32:y:1994:i:1:p:38-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1991.
"Forward Contracts and Firm Value: Investment Incentive and Contracting Effects,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(04), pages 519-532, December.
- Bessembinder, H., 1989. "Forward Contracts And Firm Value: Investment Incentive And Contracting Effects," Papers 89-06, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- Venkatachalam, Mohan, 1996. "Value-relevance of banks' derivatives disclosures," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 327-355, October.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- repec:bla:joares:v:36:y:1998:i::p:117-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 1995. "Monitoring, Moral Hazard and Limited Liability," Cahiers de recherche du Département des sciences économiques, UQAM 9508, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Bernheim, B Douglas, 1994. "A Theory of Conformity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 841-877, October.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Lundholm, Michael, 2001. "Social Norms and Moral Hazard," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(473), pages 506-525, July.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 1983. "Discretionary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 179-194, April.
- repec:bla:joares:v:33:y:1995:i:1:p:157-174 is not listed on IDEAS
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Mayers, David & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1982. "On the Corporate Demand for Insurance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 281-296, April.
- Nance, Deana R & Smith, Clifford W, Jr & Smithson, Charles W, 1993. " On the Determinants of Corporate Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 267-284, March.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 1990. "Information quality and discretionary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 365-380, March.
- Craswell, Allen T. & Francis, Jere R. & Taylor, Stephen L., 1995. "Auditor brand name reputations and industry specializations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 297-322, December.
- repec:bla:joares:v:20:y:1982:i::p:161-234 is not listed on IDEAS
- Trueman, Brett, 1986. "Why do managers voluntarily release earnings forecasts?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-71, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- AERTS, Walter & VAN CANEGHEM, Tom, 2006. "Intra-industry benchmarking of SG&A expenses: A neo-institutional perspective," Working Papers 2006032, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Bava Fabrizio & Gromis di Trana Melchiorre, 2016. "Disclosure on Related Party Transactions: Evidence from Italian Listed Companies," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 119-150, July.
- Atanasko Atanasovski, 2013. "Determinants Of Financial Reporting Quality For Listed Entities In Macedonia: Evidence From Fair Value Accounting," Journal Articles, Center For Economic Analyses, pages 23-36, December.
- Ana Isabel Morais & Ana Fialho, 2008. "Do Harmonised Accounting Standards Lead to Harmonised Accounting Practices? An Empirical Study of IAS 39 Measurement Requirements in Some European Union Countries," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 18(3), pages 224-236, September.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:35:y:2016:i:c:p:8-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bischof, Jannis & Ebert, Michael, 2007. "IAS 39 and biases in the risk perception of financial instruments," Papers 07-73, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Marco Trombetta & Mónica Espinosa, 2004. "The Reputational Consequences Of Disclosures," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- repec:eee:accfor:v:35:y:2011:i:1:p:32-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lopes, Patricia Teixeira & Rodrigues, Lucia Lima, 2007.
"Accounting for financial instruments: An analysis of the determinants of disclosure in the Portuguese stock exchange,"
The International Journal of Accounting,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 25-56.
- Patrícia Teixeira Lopes & Lúcia Lima Rodrigues, 2006. "Accounting for Financial Instruments: An Analysis of the Determinants of Disclosure in the Portuguese Stock Exchange," FEP Working Papers 209, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- repec:pdc:jrnbeh:v:13:y:2017:i:5:p:676-705 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Giuseppe Castellano & Katia Corsi & Roberto Del Gobbo, 2015. "Goodwill Disclosure in Europe. Profiles of disclosing companies," Eastern European Business and Economics Journal, Eastern European Business and Economics Studies Centre, vol. 1(2), pages 32-65.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:34:y:2010:i:1:p:32-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacqueline Birt & Michaela Rankin & Chen L. Song, 2013. "Derivatives use and financial instrument disclosure in the extractives industry," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(1), pages 55-83, March.
- repec:eeb:15v1n2:v:1:y:2015:i:2:p:32-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andy Lardon & Marc Deloof, 2014. "Financial disclosure by SMEs listed on a semi-regulated market: evidence from the Euronext Free Market," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 361-385, February.
- Abdullah, Azrul & Ku Ismail, Ku Nor Izah, 2015. "Hedging Activities Information and Risk Management Committee Effectiveness: Malaysian evidence," MPRA Paper 85026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grantley Taylor & Greg Tower, 2011. "Determinants of Financial Ratio Disclosure Patterns of Australian Listed Extractive Companies," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 21(3), pages 302-314, September.
- Bischof, Jannis & Ebert, Michael, 2007. "Inconsistent measurement and disclosure of non-contingent financial derivatives under IFRS : a behavioral perspective," Papers 07-02, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Atanasko Atanasovski, 2015. "Empirical Investigation into the Determinants of Compliance with IFRS 7 Disclosure Requirements," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(2), pages 5-17, April.
- Jonas Oliveira & Lúcia Lima Rodrigues & Russell Craig, 2011. "Risk-related disclosures by non-finance companies: Portuguese practices and disclosure characteristics," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(9), pages 817-839, October.
- Siriluck Sutthachai & Terence E. Cooke, 2009. "An Analysis of Thai Financial Reporting Practices and the Impact of the 1997 Economic Crisis," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 45(4), pages 493-517.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:29:y:2004:i:2:p:95-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .