Functional fixation revisited: the effects of feedback and a repeated measures design on information processing changes in response to an accounting change
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ashton, Rh, 1981. "A Descriptive Study Of Information Evaluation," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 42-61.
- Dyckman, Thomas R. & Hoskin, Robert E. & Swieringa, Robert J., 1982. "An accounting change and information processing changes," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Wilner, Neil & Birnberg, Jacob, 1986. "Methodological problems in functional fixation research: Criticism and suggestions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 71-80, January.
- Vergoossen, R. G. A., 1997. "Changes in accounting policies and investment analysts' fixation on accounting figures," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 589-607, August.
- Kessler, L & Ashton, Rh, 1981. "Feedback And Prediction Achievement In Financial Analysis," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 146-162.
- Bloom, Robert & Elgers, Pieter T. & Murray, Dennis, 1984. "Functional fixation in product pricing: A comparison of individuals and groups," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Moon, Philip, 1990. "Some experimental evidence on functional fixation: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 193-198.
- Barnes, Paul & Webb, John, 1986. "Management information changes and functional fixation: Some experimental evidence from the public sector," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-18, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jackson, Scott B. & Rodgers, Theodore C. & Tuttle, Brad, 2010. "The effect of depreciation method choice on asset selling prices," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 757-774, November.
- David T. Dearman & Michael D. Shields, 2005. "Avoiding Accounting Fixation: Determinants of Cognitive Adaptation to Differences in Accounting Method," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 22(2), pages 351-384, June.
- Andrew J. Rosman, 2011. "Auditors' going-concern judgments: rigid, adaptive, or both?," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(1), pages 30-45, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:27:y:2002:i:1-2:p:1-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.