The value of seasonal forecasts for irrigated, supplementary irrigated, and rainfed wheat cropping systems in northwest Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sadras, Victor & Roget, David & Krause, Mike, 2003. "Dynamic cropping strategies for risk management in dry-land farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 929-948, June.
- Liu, Xiuwei & Shao, Liwei & Sun, Hongyong & Chen, Suying & Zhang, Xiying, 2013. "Responses of yield and water use efficiency to irrigation amount decided by pan evaporation for winter wheat," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 173-180.
- Choi, Hyung Sik & Schneider, Uwe A. & Rasche, Livia & Cui, Junbo & Schmid, Erwin & Held, Hermann, 2015. "Potential effects of perfect seasonal climate forecasting on agricultural markets, welfare and land use: A case study of Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 177-189.
- Mishra, Ashok & Siderius, Christian & Aberson, Kenny & van der Ploeg, Martine & Froebrich, Jochen, 2013. "Short-term rainfall forecasts as a soft adaptation to climate change in irrigation management in North-East India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 97-106.
- Chen, Chao & Wang, Enli & Yu, Qiang, 2010. "Modelling the effects of climate variability and water management on crop water productivity and water balance in the North China Plain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(8), pages 1175-1184, August.
- Lobell, David B. & Ortiz-Monasterio, J. Ivan, 2006. "Evaluating strategies for improved water use in spring wheat with CERES," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 249-258, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Villano, Renato & Asante, Bright Owusu & Bravo-Ureta, Boris, 2019. "Farming systems and productivity gaps: Opportunities for improving smallholder performance in the Forest-Savannah transition zone of Ghana," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 220-227.
- Shah, Hassnain & Siderius, Christian & Hellegers, Petra, 2020. "Cost and effectiveness of in-season strategies for coping with weather variability in Pakistan's agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 178(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wang, Xiangping & Yang, Jingsong & Liu, Guangming & Yao, Rongjiang & Yu, Shipeng, 2015. "Impact of irrigation volume and water salinity on winter wheat productivity and soil salinity distribution," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 44-54.
- Fang, Qin & Zhang, Xiying & Shao, Liwei & Chen, Suying & Sun, Hongyong, 2018. "Assessing the performance of different irrigation systems on winter wheat under limited water supply," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 196(C), pages 133-143.
- Andarzian, B. & Bannayan, M. & Steduto, P. & Mazraeh, H. & Barati, M.E. & Barati, M.A. & Rahnama, A., 2011. "Validation and testing of the AquaCrop model under full and deficit irrigated wheat production in Iran," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 1-8.
- Hisham Eldardiry & Emad Habib & David M. Borrok, 2020. "Accounting for Inter-Annual and Seasonal Variability in Assessment of Water Supply Stress: Perspectives from a humid region in the USA," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 34(8), pages 2517-2534, June.
- Hu, Shi & Mo, Xingguo & Huang, Farong, 2019. "Retrieval of photosynthetic capability for yield gap attribution in maize via model-data fusion," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 226(C).
- Greijdanus, Auke & Kragt, Marit Ellen, 2014. "The Grains Industry: An overview of the Australian broad-acre cropping," Working Papers 164256, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Kang, Shaozhong & Hao, Xinmei & Du, Taisheng & Tong, Ling & Su, Xiaoling & Lu, Hongna & Li, Xiaolin & Huo, Zailin & Li, Sien & Ding, Risheng, 2017. "Improving agricultural water productivity to ensure food security in China under changing environment: From research to practice," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 5-17.
- Mitter, Hermine & Schmid, Erwin, 2019. "Computing the economic value of climate information for water stress management exemplified by crop production in Austria," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 221(C), pages 430-448.
- Li, Bingbing & Biswas, Asim & Wang, Yunqiang & Li, Zhi, 2021. "Identifying the dominant effects of climate and land use change on soil water balance in deep loessial vadose zone," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 245(C).
- Leake, John E. & Morison, Julian B., 2008. "Land repair fund: a model for exploiting the nexus between land repair, improved production and profit," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Department of Agriculture and Food Systems, vol. 16.
- Murray, Francisco & Baldi, Germán & von Bernard, Tamara & Viglizzo, Ernesto Francisco & Jobbágy, Esteban Gabriel, 2016. "Productive performance of alternative land covers along aridity gradients: Ecological, agronomic and economic perspectives," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 20-29.
- Geerts, Sam & Raes, Dirk, 2009. "Deficit irrigation as an on-farm strategy to maximize crop water productivity in dry areas," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(9), pages 1275-1284, September.
- Tari, Ali Fuat, 2016. "The effects of different deficit irrigation strategies on yield, quality, and water-use efficiencies of wheat under semi-arid conditions," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 1-10.
- Puech, Camille & Brulaire, Arnaud & Paraiso, Jérôme & Faloya, Vincent, 2021. "Collective design of innovative agroecological cropping systems for the industrial vegetable sector," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 191(C).
- Sangam Shrestha & Proloy Deb & Thi Bui, 2016. "Adaptation strategies for rice cultivation under climate change in Central Vietnam," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 15-37, January.
- Mustafa, S.M.T. & Vanuytrecht, E. & Huysmans, M., 2017. "Combined deficit irrigation and soil fertility management on different soil textures to improve wheat yield in drought-prone Bangladesh," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 191(C), pages 124-137.
- Liu, Yang & Zhang, Xueling & Xi, Luoyan & Liao, Yuncheng & Han, Juan, 2020. "Ridge-furrow planting promotes wheat grain yield and water productivity in the irrigated sub-humid region of China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 231(C).
- Le Gal, P.-Y. & Dugué, P. & Faure, G. & Novak, S., 2011. "How does research address the design of innovative agricultural production systems at the farm level? A review," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 714-728.
- Senthilkumar, Kalimuthu & Bergez, Jacques-Eric & Leenhardt, Delphine, 2015. "Can farmers use maize earliness choice and sowing dates to cope with future water scarcity? A modelling approach applied to south-western France," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 125-134.
- Iqbal, M. Anjum & Shen, Yanjun & Stricevic, Ruzica & Pei, Hongwei & Sun, Hongyoung & Amiri, Ebrahim & Penas, Angel & del Rio, Sara, 2014. "Evaluation of the FAO AquaCrop model for winter wheat on the North China Plain under deficit irrigation from field experiment to regional yield simulation," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 61-72.
More about this item
KeywordsArid environment; Irrigation; Supplementary irrigation; Wheat; Mexico; Seasonal forecast;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:147:y:2016:i:c:p:76-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.