An investigation of compliance with international accounting standards by listed companies in the Gulf Co-Operation Council member states
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Begoña Giner Inchausti, 1997. "The influence of company characteristics and accounting regulation on information disclosed by Spanish firms," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 45-68, May.
- Anil K. Makhija & James M. Patton, 2004. "The Impact of Firm Ownership Structure on Voluntary Disclosure: Empirical Evidence from Czech Annual Reports," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(3), pages 457-492, July.
- Mary E. Barth & Wayne R. Landsman & Mark H. Lang, 2008. "International Accounting Standards and Accounting Quality," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 467-498, June.
- Wallace, R. S. Olusegun & Naser, Kamal, 1995. "Firm-specific determinants of the comprehensiveness of mandatory disclosure in the corporate annual reports of firms listed on the stock exchange of Hong Kong," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 311-368.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Philip Brown & Ann Tarca, 2005. "A commentary on issues relating to the enforcement of International Financial Reporting Standards in the EU," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 181-212.
- Katherine Schipper, 2005. "The introduction of International Accounting Standards in Europe: Implications for international convergence," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 101-126.
- repec:bla:joares:v:20:y:1982:i::p:161-234 is not listed on IDEAS
- Murphy, Ann B., 2000. "The Impact of Adopting International Accounting Standards on the Harmonization of Accounting Practices," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 471-493, 010.
- Street, Donna L. & Gray, Sidney J. & Bryant, Stephanie M., 1999. "Acceptance and Observance of International Accounting Standards: An Empirical Study of Companies Claiming to Comply with IASs," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 11-48.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:35:y:2016:i:c:p:8-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:11:p:716-730 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alali, Fatima A. & Foote, Paul Sheldon, 2012. "The Value Relevance of International Financial Reporting Standards: Empirical Evidence in an Emerging Market," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 85-108.
- Al-Hadi, Ahmed & Taylor, Grantley & Hossain, Mahmud, 2015. "Disaggregation, auditor conservatism and implied cost of equity capital: An international evidence from the GCC," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 66-98.
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:11:y:2015:i:3:p:262-279 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:advacc:v:30:y:2014:i:2:p:413-424 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ana Isabel Morais & Ana Fialho, 2008. "Do Harmonised Accounting Standards Lead to Harmonised Accounting Practices? An Empirical Study of IAS 39 Measurement Requirements in Some European Union Countries," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 18(3), pages 224-236, September.
- Al-Hadi, Ahmed & Taylor, Grantley & Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed, 2016. "Ruling Family Political Connections and Risk Reporting: Evidence from the GCC," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 504-524.
- katia Corsi & Daniela Mancini, 2015. "Regulatory compliance of financial control systems and its implications for accountants. Some evidence from Italian experience," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(3), pages 65-91.
- Eulaiwi, Baban & Al-Hadi, Ahmed & Taylor, Grantley & Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed & Evans, John, 2016. "Multiple directorships, family ownership and the board nomination committee: International evidence from the GCC," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 61-88.
- Faisal S. Alanezi & Mishari M. Alfaraih & Eyad A. Alrashaid & Saad S. Albolushi, 2012. "Dual/joint auditors and the level of compliance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS-required disclosure): The case of financial institutions in Kuwait," Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 109-129, February.
- Abdallah, Abed Al-Nasser & Hassan, Mostafa Kamal & McClelland, Patrick L., 2015. "Islamic financial institutions, corporate governance, and corporate risk disclosure in Gulf Cooperation Council countries," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 63-82.
More about this item
KeywordsAdoption of International Accounting Standards (IAS) Financial-reporting compliance Audit function Enforcement of accounting standards Gulf Co-Operation Council (GCC) member states;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accoun:v:43:y:2008:i:4:p:425-447. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.