Hospital prices and market structure in the hospital and insurance industries
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Esteban Carranza & Álvaro J. Riascos & Natalia Serna, 2017. "Market Power, Contracts and Outcomes: The Case of Patients with Long-Term Diseases in the Colombian Health Care System," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO QUANTIL 015283, QUANTIL.
- Gaynor, Martin & Town, Robert J., 2011.
"Competition in Health Care Markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J. Town, 2011. "Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 17208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J Town, 2012. "Competition in Health Care Markets," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 12/282, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Brunt, Christopher S. & Bowblis, John R., 2014. "Health insurer market power and primary care consolidation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 61-65.
- Leemore Dafny & Mark Duggan & Subramaniam Ramanarayanan, 2012.
"Paying a Premium on Your Premium? Consolidation in the US Health Insurance Industry,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 1161-1185, April.
- Leemore Dafny & Mark Duggan & Subramaniam Ramanarayanan, 2009. "Paying a Premium on Your Premium? Consolidation in the U.S. Health Insurance Industry," NBER Working Papers 15434, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Clemens & Joshua D. Gottlieb, 2017.
"In the Shadow of a Giant: Medicare’s Influence on Private Physician Payments,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 125(1), pages 1-39.
- Jeffrey Clemens & Joshua D. Gottlieb, 2013. "In the Shadow of a Giant: Medicare's Influence on Private Physician Payments," NBER Working Papers 19503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pelech, Daria, 2017. "Dropped out or pushed out? Insurance market exit and provider market power in Medicare Advantage," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 98-112.
- Kate Ho & Robin S. Lee, 2017. "Insurer Competition in Health Care Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 85, pages 379-417, March.
- Rudy Douven & Monique Burger & Erik Schut, 2018. "Does managed competition constrain hospitals’ contract prices? Evidence from the Netherlands," CPB Discussion Paper 378, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Donald Alexander & Jon Neill, 2015. "The Impact of Market Share on Health Insurance Premiums," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 43(4), pages 477-488, December.
- Martin Gaynor & Kate Ho & Robert J. Town, 2015.
"The Industrial Organization of Health-Care Markets,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 53(2), pages 235-284, June.
- Martin Gaynor & Kate Ho & Robert Town, 2014. "The Industrial Organization of Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 19800, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trish, Erin E. & Herring, Bradley J., 2015. "How do health insurer market concentration and bargaining power with hospitals affect health insurance premiums?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 104-114.
- Douven, Rudy C.H.M. & Schut, Frederik T., 2011. "Pricing behaviour of nonprofit insurers in a weakly competitive social health insurance market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 439-449, March.
- Andrew Stocking & James Baumgardner & Melinda Buntin & Anna Cook, 2014. "Examining the Number of Competitors and the Cost of Medicare Part D: Working Paper 2014-04," Working Papers 45553, Congressional Budget Office.
- Scott E. Harrington, 2011. "The Continuing Debate on Health Insurance Reform," NFI Policy Briefs 2011-PB-09, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:hecopl:v:5:y:2010:i:04:p:459-479_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_HEP .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.