A Monte Carlo Comparison of Various Semiparametric Type-3 Tobit Estimators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Honore, Bo E. & Kyriazidou, Ekaterini & Udry, Christopher, 1997.
"Estimation of Type 3 Tobit models using symmetric trimming and pairwise comparisons,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 107-128.
- Bo E. Honore & Ekaterini Kyriazidou & Christopher Udry, "undated". "Estimation of Type 3 Tobit Models using Symmetric Trimming and Pairwise Comparisons," Home Pages _001, Princeton University, Department of Economics.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1996. "A comparison of semi-parametric and partially adaptive estimators of the censored regression model with possibly skewed and leptokurtic error distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 153-159, May.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1994. "A Simple Specification Test for the Predictive Ability of Transformation Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 59-65, February.
- Hill, M Anne, 1983. "Female Labor Force Participation in Developing and Developed Countries-Consideration of the Informal Sector," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 459-468, August.
- Christofides, Louis N, et al, 2003. "Recent Two-Stage Sample Selection Procedures with an Application to the Gender Wage Gap," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 396-405, July.
- Greene, William, 1998. "Sample selection in credit-scoring models1," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 299-316, July.
- Powell, James L., 1984. "Least absolute deviations estimation for the censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-325, July.
- Lee, Lung-fei, 1994.
"Semiparametric two-stage estimation of sample selection models subject to Tobit-type selection rules,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 305-344, April.
- Lee, L-F., 1990. "Semiparametric Two Stage Estimation of Sample Selection Models Subject to Tobit-Type Selection Rules," Papers 256, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Gerfin, Michael, 1996.
"Parametric and Semi-parametric Estimation of the Binary Response Model of Labor Market Participation,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 321-339, May-June.
- Michael Gerfin, 1993. "Parametric and Semiparametric Estimation of the Binary Response Model of Labor Market Participation," Diskussionsschriften dp9315, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Li, Qi & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2002. "Semiparametric Estimation Of Partially Linear Models For Dependent Data With Generated Regressors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 625-645, June.
- Connelly, Rachel, 1992. "The Effect of Child Care Costs on Married Women's Labor Force Participation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 83-90, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355, December.
- Zhou, Xianbo & Pan, Zhewen, 2015. "Two-step semiparametric estimation of the Type-3 Tobit model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 96-105.
More about this item
KeywordsType-3 Tobit model; Semiparametric estimation; Monte Carlo simulation;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:journl:y:2003:v:4:i:1:p:125-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emcufcn.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.