University Access Amid Tuition Fee Deregulation: Evidence from Ontario Professional Programs
Previous studies investigating university enrolment amid rising tuition fees have focused on undergraduate programs during the 1990s. Typically, little or no changes in enrolment patterns were observed, possibly because the fee increases were small in absolute terms and quite gradual. This study examines the impact of a very large and sudden deregulation of tuition fees in Ontario professional programs in the late 1990s. The findings suggest that enrolment patterns by socioeconomic background changed substantially in Ontario, where the deregulation of professional programs was most prominent. In Quebec and British Columbia, where fees remained stable, no change in enrolment patterns was registered.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 34 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://economics.ca/cpp/
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.utpjournals.com/cpp/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhao, John & Lipps, Garth & Corak, Miles, 2003.
"Family Income and Participation in Post-secondary Education,"
Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series
2003210e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Corak, Miles & Lipps, Garth & Zhao, John, 2004. "Family Income and Participation in Post-Secondary Education," IZA Discussion Papers 977, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Moffitt, Robert A., 1999. "New developments in econometric methods for labor market analysis," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 24, pages 1367-1397 Elsevier.
- Laporte, Christine & Lascelles, Eric & Finnie, Ross, 2004. "Family Background and Access to Post-secondary Education: What Happened over the 1990s?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2004226e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpp:issued:v:34:y:2008:i:1:p:89-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.