Real Wages and Cyclical Variations in Employment: A Re-Examination of the Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2004.
"Workers' Flows and Real Wage Cyclicality,"
w200409, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro, 2007. "Workers’ Flows and Real Wage Cyclicality," IZA Discussion Papers 2604, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2004. "Workers' Flows and Real Wage Cyclicality," CEF.UP Working Papers 0402, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Erica L. Groshen & Mark E. Schweitzer, 1996. "Macro- and microeconomic consequences of wage rigidity," Working Paper 9607, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Grace Weishi Gu & Eswar Prasad, 2018.
"New Evidence on Cyclical Variation in Labor Costs in the U.S,"
NBER Working Papers
24266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gu, Grace Weishi & Prasad, Eswar, 2018. "New Evidence on Cyclical Variation in Labor Costs in the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 11311, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dierk HERZER & Rainer KLUMP, 2009.
"Poverty, Government Transfers, And The Business Cycle: Evidence For The United States,"
Applied Econometrics and International Development,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(2).
- Dierk Herzer & Rainer Klump, 2006. "Poverty, Government Transfers, and the Business Cycle: Evidence for the United States," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 141, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Franco Modigliani, 1977.
"The monetarist controversy; or, should we forsake stabilization policies?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr suppl, pages 27-46.
- Modigliani, Franco, 1977. "The Monetarist Controversy or, Should We Forsake Stabilization Policies?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 1-19, March.
- Almonacid, Ruben D., 1978. "A equação suprimida e a função de oferta agregada," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 32(4), October.
- Moosa, I. A., 1998. "The cyclical behavior of real wages: evidence from post-war Japanese data," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 85-90, January.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Nataly Obando & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2011.
"Los salarios reales a lo largo del ciclo económico en Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
666, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Nataly Obando & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2011. "Los salarios reales a lo largo del ciclo económico en Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 008950, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Altug, Sumru & Miller, Robert A, 1990.
"Household Choices in Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(3), pages 543-570, May.
- Sumru Altug & Robert Miller, "undated". "Household Choices in Equilibrium," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 87-8, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Sumru Altug & Robert A. Miller, 1987. "Household choices in equilibrium," Working Papers 341, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ben S. Bernanke & James Powell, 1986.
"The Cyclical Behavior of Industrial Labor Markets: A Comparison of the Prewar and Postwar Eras,"
NBER Chapters,in: The American Business Cycle: Continuity and Change, pages 583-638
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben S. Bernanke & James L. Powell, 1984. "The Cyclical Behavior of Industrial Labor Markets: A Comparison of the Pre-War and Post-War Eras," NBER Working Papers 1376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sharon J. Erenburg, 1993. "Productivity, Private and Public Capital, and Real Wage in the United States, 1948-1990," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_94, Levy Economics Institute.
- Marczak, Martyna & Gómez, Víctor, 2015.
"Cyclicality of real wages in the USA and Germany: New insights from wavelet analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 40-52.
- Marczak, Martyna & Gómez, Víctor, 2012. "Cyclicality of real wages in the USA and Germany: New insights from wavelet analysis," FZID Discussion Papers 50-2012, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Rubén D Almonacid, 1977. "La Ecuación y la Oferta Agregada," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 14(41), pages 3-40.
- Hart, Robert A & Roberts, J Elizabeth, 2010. "Real wages, working time, and the Great Depression," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2010-09, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Yash Mehra, 1982. "Real Wages and Employment: Evidence from Disaggregated Data," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 191-196, Jul-Sep.
- Kandil, Magda, 2007. "The wage-price spiral: International evidence and implications," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 212-240.
- Victor Zarnowitz, 1984. "Recent Work on Business Cycles in Historical Perspective: Review of Theories and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 1503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ulrich Woitek, 2004. "Real Wages and Business Cycle Asymmetries," CESifo Working Paper Series 1206, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:2:y:1969:i:3:p:353-374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.