L'insuffisance des signaux de localisation pour la coordination entre la production et le transport d'électricité dans les systèmes électriques libéralisés
This paper analyses the organisation of coordination between generation and transmission in a liberalized power system. We rely on a modular analysis framework in order to split in distinct modules the coordination mechanisms. In a logic of institutional complementarities, the governance structure of the power transmission grid completes this analysis framework and influences the power flow management schemes that are implemented by the power Transmission and System Operators. The locational constraints of generators and the governance structure of the network explain that these signals are necessary but not sufficient to coordinate generation and transmission to the long term. Classification JEL : D23, D62, L5, L29, L94
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Wilson, 2002. "Architecture of Power Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1299-1340, July.
- Brunekreeft, Gert & Neuhoff, Karsten & Newbery, David, 2005.
"Electricity transmission: An overview of the current debate,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 73-93, June.
- Brunekreeft, G. & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D., 2004. "Electricity transmission: an overview of the current debate," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0463, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul Joskow, 2006. "Patterns of Transmission Investments," Chapters,in: Competitive Electricity Markets and Sustainability, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2005. "Patterns of Transmission Investment," Working Papers 0504, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, P.L., 2005. "Patterns of Transmission Investment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0527, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Boyce, John R. & Hollis, Aidan, 2005. "Governance of electricity transmission systems," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 237-255, March.
- Barker, Jr.J. & Tenenbaum, B. & Woolf, F., 1997. "Governance and Regulation of Power Pools and System Operators. An International Comparison," Papers 382, World Bank - Technical Papers. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)