Innovation dans les services et entrepreneuriaT : au-delà des conceptions industrialistes et technologistes du développement durable
The questions of innovation in services, on the one hand, and sustainable development, on the other, are relatively recent concerns for economic theorists and public policymakers alike. They have become key issues, which pose considerable academic, economic and political challenges. However, these two questions, and the problems they raise, have evolved independently of each other. The present article seeks to link them by considering innovation in and by services and innovation-based entrepreneurship in services in terms of their relationship to sustainable development. Our hope in so doing is that we can play a part in moderating the industrialist, technologist, environmentalist and curative concept of sustainable development that is, paradoxically, still dominant in our service economies. Codes JEL: L80, L26, O30, Q01
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj & Karim Gallouj, 2004.
"La dynamique de l’innovation et du changement dans les services de soins aux personnes âgées,"
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj & Karim Gallouj, 2004. "La dynamique de l’innovation et du changement dans les services de soins aux personnes âgées," Post-Print halshs-01247781, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj, 2002.
"Innovation in the service economy: the new wealth of nations,"
- Faïz Gallouj, 2002. "Innovation in the Service Economy: the New Wealth of Nations," Post-Print hal-01111977, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj & Olivier Weinstein, 1997.
"Innovation in services,"
- Faïz Gallouj, 1997. "Towards a neo-Schumpeterian theory of innovation in services?," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(6), pages 405-420, December.
- Faïz Gallouj & Jean Gadrey & Edwige Ghillebaert, 1997.
"La construction sociale du produit financier postal,"
- F. Gallouj & J. Gadrey & E. Ghillebaert, 1999. "La construction sociale du produit financier postal," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(3), pages 417-445, 09.
- Faïz Gallouj & Jean Gadrey & Edwige Ghillebaert, 1999. "La construction sociale du produit financier postal," Post-Print halshs-01133215, HAL.
- de Vries, Erik J., 2006. "Innovation in services in networks of organizations and in the distribution of services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1037-1051, September.
- Faïz Gallouj, 2000.
"Knowledge-intensive Business Services: Processing Knowledge and Producing Innovation,"
- Faïz Gallouj, 2002. "Knowledge-intensive Business Services: Processing Knowledge and Producing Innovation," Post-Print halshs-01116562, HAL.
- Hill, T P, 1977. "On Goods and Services," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 23(4), pages 315-38, December.
- Regis Maubrey, 2003. "Les problèmes et solutions pour accéder aux innovations environnementales au sein d'entreprises et de collectivités," Innovations, De Boeck Université, vol. 18(2), pages 113-138.
- Smith, Adrian & Stirling, Andy & Berkhout, Frans, 2005. "The governance of sustainable socio-technical transitions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1491-1510, December.
- Gill Seyfang, 2001. "Community currencies: small change for a green economy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(6), pages 975-996, June.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1994. "Economie de l'innovation dans les services," Post-Print hal-01111989, HAL.
- Sylvain Lenfle & Christophe Midler, 2003. "Innovation in Automative Telematics Services: Characteristics of the Field and Management Priciples," Post-Print hal-00262930, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:inndbu:inno_029_0059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.