The Credit Relationship Between Banks And Companies And Its Effects On The Real Economy
Among the relationships between companies and the financial - banking market representatives, those which are determinate by the lending activity hold a special place. Despite of various alternatives to mobilize the necessary funds to cover the capital needs arising from the current or investment activity, bank loans are the main source of funding for most of the companies. This dominance is assured by the benefits that a bank loan offers to companies and which influence directly and positively their economic and financial situation. Of course there are a number of risks assumed by the company when calling to bank financing, risks which can affect negatively their business if it occurs. Given the important role that companies play in generating of the real flows in the economy, all these positive or negative effects directly impact on the quality of economic and social life at the macro level. For this reason it is very important that between the bank and the company to be always a good communication and transparency in the information requested or offered, and the collaboration between these two types of organizations to carry on a partnership basis.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 2004. "Relationship lending: a survey of the literature," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 315-330.
- Martin Brown & Christian Zehnder, 2006.
"Credit Reporting, Relationship Banking, and Loan Repayment,"
2006-03, Swiss National Bank.
- Martin Brown & Christian Zehnder, 2007. "Credit Reporting, Relationship Banking, and Loan Repayment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(8), pages 1883-1918, December.
- Inessa Love & Rida Zaidi, 2010. "Trade Credit, Bank Credit and Financial Crisis-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 10(s1), pages 125-147.
- Lookman, Aziz A., 2009. "Bank borrowing and corporate risk management," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 632-649, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:brc:journl:v:21:y:2013:i:3:p:105-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan MICUDA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.