A New Application of Linear Modeling in the Prediction of College Football Bowl Outcomes and the Development of Team Ratings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boulier, Bryan L. & Stekler, H. O., 2003. "Predicting the outcomes of National Football League games," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 257-270.
- Itay Fainmesser & Chaim Fershtman & Neil Gandal, 2009.
"A Consistent Weighted Ranking Scheme With an Application to NCAA College Football Rankings,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 10(6), pages 582-600, December.
- Fainmesser, Itay & Fershtman, Chaim & Gandal, Neil, 2005. "A Consistent Weighted Ranking Scheme with an Application to NCAA College Football Rankings," CEPR Discussion Papers 5239, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Annis David H. & Craig Bruce A., 2005. "Hybrid Paired Comparison Analysis, with Applications to the Ranking of College Football Teams," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-33, October.
- Stern, Hal S., 2004. "Statistics and the College Football Championship," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 58, pages 179-185, August.
- West Brady T, 2006. "A Simple and Flexible Rating Method for Predicting Success in the NCAA Basketball Tournament," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 1-16, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Delen, Dursun & Cogdell, Douglas & Kasap, Nihat, 2012. "A comparative analysis of data mining methods in predicting NCAA bowl outcomes," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 543-552.
- Phillips Andrew J. K., 2014. "Uncovering Formula One driver performances from 1950 to 2013 by adjusting for team and competition effects," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-18, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:jqsprt:v:4:y:2008:i:3:n:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.